• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Orthodox Judaism

nutshell

I recently took the Belief-o-matic test that's featured in another thread. The results indicated my personal beliefs best matched Orthodox Judaism. I don't know much about this, but I'm interested in learning more. Are there any Orthodox Jews who could point me in the right direction or help me understand what is it about my personal beliefs that line up with Orthodox Judaism?

I'm really curious and thanks in advance for the help.

Hockeymania

I have a couple of questions about Orthodox judaism. Why does one believe that the new Testament is not to be taken into account?

Ody

Hockeymania said:
I have a couple of questions about Orthodox judaism. Why does one believe that the new Testament is not to be taken into account?
:biglaugh: THAT WOULD MAKE ORTHODOX JEWS CHRISTIANS!

standing_on_one_foot

Hockeymania said:

Basically, because Jews don't believe that Jesus was the Messiah, or a prophet, or anything like that.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Hockeymania said:
Can you support that?
the Moshiach will:
end the exile
rebuild the Temple
Make Israel a state ruled by Torah law
reign as King there

amongst other things...which have not happened
therefore the Moshiach, messiah, has yet to come from the perspective of Judaism.

Deut 13:1

nutshell said:
I recently took the Belief-o-matic test that's featured in another thread. The results indicated my personal beliefs best matched Orthodox Judaism. I don't know much about this, but I'm interested in learning more. Are there any Orthodox Jews who could point me in the right direction or help me understand what is it about my personal beliefs that line up with Orthodox Judaism?

I'm really curious and thanks in advance for the help.
What would you like to know?

Hockeymania said:
So who exactly do you worship?
G-d.

Hockeymania said:
Can you support that?
Why is the burden shifted to the Jews to disprove your claim. To answer you: Yes, but unfortunetly disproving Mr. J's follower's claims isn't on my to-do-list. I have more important things to be working on.

Ody

Hockeymania said:

We believe it not to be the word of G-d. Due to the fact, it is not the moshiach who is supposed to furfill some expectations, bring peace for all nations etc.

meganmac

Jews worship God (also written as "G-d" to show reverence for the name), just as Christians do. However, we do not believe that Jesus was the messiah, or that there is a trinity.