• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origion question

HLK

Recently, someone has told me this online, and I quote:

I can actually disprove God.

God is the one who created all existence, therefore there can exist nothing that he didn't create. He couldn't create himself, so his existence is simply paradoxical.
Now, can someone prove this guy wrong?

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
He's referring to one specific God, I take it? (Welcome to the forums, by the way. :) )

I really don't care about proving 'this guy' wrong, but you might want to mention to him that not all theists believe that a deity created all existence.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I cant directly prove him wrong, but I can put him into a stalemate.

If there was no higher being to create everything, then how did a big rock create itself, and then itself. If there was nothing but a vast nothingness, how could particles of dust be created, to create on massive rock. And then for there to be fire, you must first have oxygen. How did the molucules of oxygen create themeselves?

chuck010342

I can prove him wrong. God didn't create all. God only created this world and the spiritual worlds. So that wouldn't exculde himself but only this physical world and the spiritual worlds.

Merlin

Aqualung said:
God created all that exists in our world. I think somebody created God, though. :D
Sorry, but that doesn't help. If somebody created God, who created the someone that created God?

Merlin

chuck010342 said:
I can prove him wrong. God didn't create all. God only created this world and the spiritual worlds. So that wouldn't exculde himself but only this physical world and the spiritual worlds.
You are all assuming time is linear.

What created the beginning of a circle? There is no beginning, and there is no end. If time is not linear, the question does not arise.

Engyo

Prince of Dorkness!
I am curious as to why it needs to be proven or disproven. Is this really going to make any difference in your daily life, or in mine? How can it?

JerryL

If God is the one who created all existence,
and If God is part of existance,
then God created himself

If self-creation is paradoxical,
then the above God is paradoxical.

Of course, you must satisfy the "if"s to worry about the "then"s.

Murf661

Yeah its like the question:
If god is all powerful, and he can do anything...Can he create a rock so big that he can't pick it up?

No matter what you answer, god is "proven" to not be all powerful, all you have done is to put 'god' into a position that no matter what he/she/it does it is wrong...

...If u get my meaning....

Scott1

NetDoc said:
No argument here....In the creation of the world and of man, God gave the first and universal witness to his almighty love and his wisdom, the first proclamation of the "plan of his loving goodness", which finds its goal in the new creation in Christ.

:D

gtrsgrls

Now, can someone prove this guy wrong?[/QUOTE] No,we don't have to he did it himself.He stated that nothing can be created without God.Right?He then said that God couldn't have created himself.Right?Well if both of these are true than none of us actually exist.We're in a dream world!But wait...who created this dream world?I have repedatly thought of this argument but I always have to say-It had to start somewhere!

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
The Universe has always existed. It needs no creation or beginning. Energy can neither be created or destroyed.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Darkdale said:
The Universe has always existed. It needs no creation or beginning. Energy can neither be created or destroyed.
I'm sure you have the original warranty and invoice for it.

gtrsgrls

Darkdale said:
That's retarded!Everything has to have had a beggining.Can you tell me who created space?It can't have just appeared there.(like everything else did...sarcasm)

Scott1

NetDoc said:
I'm sure.... when making assumptions, if you toss in a bit of science it makes it sound "official".:D

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
NetDoc said:

Not needed. There is literally no reason to believe the universe was created. It's a totally unnecessary premise. I do enjoy listening to arguments for why the universe must have been created though, they are always fairly creative. I especially like the "Big Bang" something came from nothing argument. lol it's even funnier than the "God did it" argument.