• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Origins of the Quran/Islam - various academic perspectives

outhouse

Atheistically
Yes I do. Be warned there 3 dozen or so talks ranging from a few minutes to an hour. The link below is the first video of the playlist. Enjoy.

#13 and #21 are going to be the most valuable. Many of these are worthless

Shad

Veteran Member
#13 and #21 are going to be the most valuable. Many of these are worthless

Not really as many still agree with the conclusions of 13 and 21. Many videos are from different parts of the field. Bietak for example covers his work on Egpyt as well as Alan Gardiner's work. Even Hoffmier, one of the last to hold to a historical exodus, talks about the evidence used for a conclusion he disagrees with. He just does little to support his own view.

outhouse

Atheistically
Not really as many still agree with the conclusions of 13 and 21. Many videos are from different parts of the field. Bietak for example covers his work on Egpyt as well as Alan Gardiner's work. Even Hoffmier, one of the last to hold to a historical exodus, talks about the evidence used for a conclusion he disagrees with. He just does little to support his own view.

I know what you are saying here.

But those two professors are the most knowledgeable and credible people on this exact topic. They do hold the most value.

Did you see another professor that offered more credible value? if so please point it and out so I can review

Foust is another great scholar, but he lest his bias dictate his work, and thus his conclusions suffer.

Shad

Veteran Member
I know what you are saying here.
But those two professors are the most knowledgeable and credible people on this exact topic. They do hold the most value.

Did you see another professor that offered more credible value? if so please point it and out so I can review

Bietak's lecture goes at length to show the historical exodus' groundwork and basis is flawed based on evidence from Egpyt. He refutes the major points of the old theory. Maeir covers a lot of the OT tradition

Foust is another great scholar, but he lest his bias dictate his work, and thus his conclusions suffer.

His views are not that far off from Dever. He places an emphasis on the nomad more than Dever does. They actually have a back and forth at the end of Faust's lecture. About 1/3 of his video is the Q&A around the 25 min mark.