• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Originator of Life

Iymus

God himself Giveth Life to all and also himself, or God our Father giveth life to all?

The way NT translated it is God our Father himself being the Lord of Heaven and Earth who giveth life to all being the Father of Spirits and Owner.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
-------------------------------

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Gen 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
God himself Giveth Life to all and also himself, or God our Father giveth life to all?

The way NT translated it is God our Father himself being the Lord of Heaven and Earth who giveth life to all being the Father of Spirits and Owner.

Joh 5:26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

Act 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
Act 17:25 Neither is worshipped with men's hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;

Mat 11:25 At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

Joh 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

Gen 2:4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,

Gen 14:19 And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth:

Neither. God IS life. There is no he, creator, or giver. It is what it is.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Neither. God IS life. There is no he, creator, or giver. It is what it is.
God isn't a fictional category of character in old, primitive, books.
Although theists insist that It is. They go on and on about how God is is what they see in ancient literature, despite the irrational claims they must make to support their beliefs that they know more about God than modern people know.

I believe in God. But I don't believe in humans telling me implausible stories about God. I don't believe anyone knows more about God than I do, which is next to nothing.
Tom

Iymus

There is no he, creator, or giver.
:nomouth:

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Last edited:

Iymus

"They" pronoun usage they seems inclusive of me. Intention is not clear though i can probably speculate.

They go on and on about how God is is what they see in ancient literature,

u mean like what we go on about what America is by the US Constitution.

despite the irrational claims they must make to support their beliefs

unaware of what irrational claim I have made.

that they know more about God than modern people know.

not only have I not said I know more about God than you, I live in this same modern world as you.
I believe in God. But I don't believe in humans telling me implausible stories about God.

ok Columbus Conservative Catholic from Hell.

I don't believe anyone knows more about God than I do, which is next to nothing.

In my life observations some people know more than I do and there are some people that know less than I do. Therefore everyone has varying degrees of knowledge of God. Simply know I did not tag your name specifically in this post so preferably don't indirectly project anything on me that may have occurred elsewhere.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
"They" pronoun usage they seems inclusive of me. Intention is not clear though
Feel free to explain who you think I meant by "they".

Religionists commonly use "they" or "we" without explaining who they're referring to.
So explain it.
Tom

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
:nomouth:

Isa 43:10 Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

Pantheism really doesn't have it's own scripture.

Pantheism

"God is everything and everything is God ... the world is either identical with God or in some way a self-expression of his nature" (Owen 1971: 74). Similarly, it is the view that (2) everything that exists constitutes a "unity" and this all-inclusive unity is in some sense divine (MacIntyre 1967: 34)"

God is life. How can it not be?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Although theists insist that It is. They go on and on about how God is is what they see in ancient literature, despite the irrational claims they must make to support their beliefs that they know more about God than modern people know.

I believe in God. But I don't believe in humans telling me implausible stories about God. I don't believe anyone knows more about God than I do, which is next to nothing.
Tom

What's the definition of your god?

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What's the definition of your god?
That's a complex question.

Far more complex than I'm inclined to post on RF, more than I already have.

Simple answer?
The reason that there is something, rather than nothing, is God. That's it. I have other opinions, but I don't think that they're important to anybody but me.
Tom

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

These passages support the Message given by Baha'u'llah (Glory of God), the Father.

We now know God is unknowable, our finite mind has no ability to fathom the essence of God.

The many mansions are all God's Messengers, they are created all from the Holy Spirit, we are created of the human spirit which enemates from the Messengers, the Holy Spirit.

Big topic, but made a lot clearer for us in this day.

Regards Tony

Iymus

Religionists commonly use "they" or "we" without explaining who they're referring to.
So explain it.
Tom
:expressionless:

Feel free to explain who you think I meant by "they".

Standard definition:

they
/T͟Hā/
Learn to pronounce
pronoun
  1. 1.
    used to refer to two or more people or things previously mentioned or easily identified.
    "the two men could get life sentences if they are convicted"

things previously mentioned; which I created this topic therefore seemingly inclusive of me.

What I perceive you mean by they are me and certain others. This assessment seems logical.

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
That's a complex question.

Far more complex than I'm inclined to post on RF, more than I already have.

Simple answer?
The reason that there is something, rather than nothing, is God. That's it. I have other opinions, but I don't think that they're important to anybody but me.
Tom

Well, that's why religious forums exist. To talk about topics that's only important to the person who believes it.

Though, I know most everyone else's opinions about god-deities. Not much others who don't share the concept. Kind of like not wanting to be "one of them."