• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Original Sin

RestlessSoul

But you have free will right? so you don't have to do it I guess

The purpose of life for many religious people, is to do God's will. Only when we align our will with that of God, can we know peace. To put it another way, only when we stop fighting the universe, can we find our place within it.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
If you believed in original sin, why would you bring an unborn child into it?

Original sin is not a teaching of God but of men. It is said in the good Book that we were all born in the ‘image of God’ and God is not a sinner, so to impute we were all born with original sin is to say that God is a sinner which is pure nonsense.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Original sin is not a teaching of God but of men. It is said in the good Book that we were all born in the ‘image of God’ and God is not a sinner, so to impute we were all born with original sin is to say that God is a sinner which is pure nonsense.
That is why I'm asking.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
The purpose of life for many religious people, is to do God's will. Only when we align our will with that of God, can we know peace. To put it another way, only when we stop fighting the universe, can we find our place within it.
or the idea is to overcome the carnal self and to realize the mental=spiritual self. Be original and diversify?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
God is far from the haughty; Psalm 138:6; omnipotence
that is because they, not god has place god otherwise, elsewhere. i can be sitting right next to you and be ignoring you. doesn't mean you aren't there. i can you see your lost in your own mind, thought. so near yet so far. present in body but not present. there is a great spiritual gap between heaven and those in hell

bon appetite.

isaiah 65:3 continually isaiah 65:5

If you believed in original sin, why would you bring an unborn child into it?

This world is basically the original sin. (I have understood sin means to reject God, or to be in separation from God). I think this world is good, because this gives opportunity to find a way back to life with God.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This world is basically the original sin. (I have understood sin means to reject God, or to be in separation from God). I think this world is good, because this gives opportunity to find a way back to life with God.
god created the world so you could sin in it, or choose god? strange game "your" god plays. that doesn't jive with the idea of god being love

god created the world so you could sin in it, or choose god? strange game "your" god plays. that doesn't jive with the idea of god being love

I think giving freedom shows great love. I don't think any current human leader would do the same.