• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oops

Dena

I made a big mistake today because I wasn't being mindful. I am not always certain which Holidays require refraining from the computer. Tonight I posted for the first time on a forum that is mostly Orthodox. :facepalm:

Their rule is that if you post on Shabbat or Holidays, you are removed. They will likely just give me a warning but I feel like a total IDIOT. I should have been more careful and I should know these things! I didn't want to go through the whole "I'm a conversion student, no not Orthodox, yes I know I'm not really going to be Jewish, yadda yadda yadda" speech but I guess I will now.

Levite

Higher and Higher
I made a big mistake today because I wasn't being mindful. I am not always certain which Holidays require refraining from the computer. Tonight I posted for the first time on a forum that is mostly Orthodox.

Their rule is that if you post on Shabbat or Holidays, you are removed. They will likely just give me a warning but I feel like a total IDIOT. I should have been more careful and I should know these things! I didn't want to go through the whole "I'm a conversion student, no not Orthodox, yes I know I'm not really going to be Jewish, yadda yadda yadda" speech but I guess I will now.

No worries. This sort of thing happens to all of us, sooner or later-- even those of us raised Orthodox, who have fallen out of some of the instinctive habits of Orthodox practice.

The general principle in dealing with Orthodoxy is, when in doubt, presume one ought to be as strict as possible. That seems to be more or less the motto of today's Orthodoxy, anyhow....

Dena

I went over to check to see if they said anything and there were others who seemed to have been posting. So I'm not the only one.