• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Only atheists

interminable

منتظر
Except you haven't proven infinite regress is impossible; you've just shown that you've dismissed it because it's an inconvenient unmoving stumbling block to your claims. By your logic since I've considered & rejected monotheism that must mean polytheism is true.
Read #164 and reject my claim

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
We imagine all things and discuss generally
We consider all possibilities and by rejecting some of them we prove the others
For example when we proved infinite regress is impossible we have no choice but to prove an existent that is out of chains of possible existents
You didn't answer my question.

Your argument said "everything that is created needs a cause." How do you show that a specific thing was created?

interminable

منتظر
You didn't answer my question.

Your argument said "everything that is created needs a cause." How do you show that a specific thing was created?
Do I need to show??
My logical arguments don't need to show how things are created

Besides if something sometimes wasn't and then was it shows it's created

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
Who says the universe was created. The big bang was transformative not creative. The singularity was.
Do I need to show??

you didn't respond to my quotes post or make your case or deal with what is actually said.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Do I need to show??

That's incorrect. Logically speaking, something might begin to exist with no cause. This is different from being created, which requires a cause.

interminable

منتظر
Who says the universe was created. The big bang was transformative not creative. The singularity was.
And tell me about before the big bang what was happened exactly???

Besides matter needs to its part which means there is a time when it didn't exist.

interminable

منتظر
That's incorrect. Logically speaking, something might begin to exist with no cause. This is different from being created, which requires a cause.
Both are the same

Something that''' might begin to exist ''' means it is from nothing???

If u consider something that has a beginning it is created because it means there was a time when it wasn't at all. So it can't be created from nothing because non existent doesn't exist

Iti oj

Premium Member
And tell me about before the big bang what was happened exactly???

Besides matter needs to its part which means there is a time when it didn't exist.
No idea really. The terms like before are problematic when having this conversation because time it's self started with the big bang.

What are you trying to say for this second part. ? Matter/energy has always existed in some form that's what the singularity was. The big bang transform it into what is.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Both are the same

Like I have said, they are not.

Something that''' might begin to exist ''' means it is from nothing???

That's certainly a possibility.

If u consider something that has a beginning it is created because it means there was a time when it wasn't at all.

Putting aside my clear disagreement on whether it had to be created to come into existence, something might have a beginning and yet there be no time when it didn't exist at all. To exemplify, if time didn't exist before the big bang, then the universe has a beginning and yet there there is no point in time where the universe didn't exist.

So it can't be created from nothing because non existent doesn't exist

I am not sure on the nature of your contention. Do you mean you consider it ( logically ) impossible for something to simply pop into existence ? Why ? It is certainly possible to imagine such a world.

Kuzcotopia

If you can read this, you are as lucky as I am.
So u mean atheists don't fear from death at all ?

I think fear of death has nothing to do with religion because children even animals have this sense .they don't wanna die. can u say animals or children are affected by religion?

And more importantly I'm a religious man but I don't fear from death because I didn't lose anything

1. I said "most".

2. Not wanting to die and being afraid of death are two different things.

3. You say you don't lose anything. Neither do I. I had no consciousness prior to my birth, and I won't have any after I die. But it's better than a zero sum game for me because I'm excited about now, my memories of the past are enlightening, and my curiosity about the future is still interesting.

Describe your future to me. . . The one where you don't lose anything.

interminable

منتظر
No idea really. The terms like before are problematic when having this conversation because time it's self started with the big bang.

What are you trying to say for this second part. ? Matter/energy has always existed in some form that's what the singularity was. The big bang transform it into what is.
If I want to be honest I've no idea

But I know something
That empty space is free from matter and at the same time u can't say empty space is non existent because non existent doesn't exist So even in empty space there is something but clearly isn't from matter or energy

interminable

منتظر
Like I have said, they are not.

That's certainly a possibility.

Putting aside my clear disagreement on whether it had to be created to come into existence, something might have a beginning and yet there be no time when it didn't exist at all. To exemplify, if time didn't exist before the big bang, then the universe has a beginning and yet there there is no point in time where the universe didn't exist.

I am not sure on the nature of your contention. Do you mean you consider it ( logically ) impossible for something to simply pop into existence ? Why ? It is certainly possible to imagine such a world.
Yes it's impossible because nothing is non existent
Even u consider it something then say it's possible that something jumps to existence

interminable

منتظر
1. I said "most".

2. Not wanting to die and being afraid of death are two different things.

3. You say you don't lose anything. Neither do I. I had no consciousness prior to my birth, and I won't have any after I die. But it's better than a zero sum game for me because I'm excited about now, my memories of the past are enlightening, and my curiosity about the future is still interesting.

Describe your future to me. . . The one where you don't lose anything.
Since I believe in hereafter I said that
Because as u know our ages comparing to the age of universe is maybe one second or less so comparing to eternal what would be?

Iti oj

Premium Member
If I want to be honest I've no idea

But I know something
That empty space is free from matter and at the same time u can't say empty space is non existent because non existent doesn't exist So even in empty space there is something but clearly isn't from matter or energy
Empty space isn't really empty