• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online degrees.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So my mom wants to get a degree, and she's thinking of taking online courses, so my younger sister won't be home all alone all the time, and because it's cheaper than on-campus university. Also, her high school grades weren't very good and she doesn't think my university will let her in.

So how about it? Do you guys know anyone, or are any of you people who have gotten a degree online? Is it the same as a non-online degree? Or do potential employers frown upon it? She is asking me about it, but I really don't know, because I barely know what I am doing, much less what she is doing... I wonder if online courses are a good idea or not... I'd like to give my mom some good advice. I don't want her to waste money on the courses if they aren't as good as on-campus courses, but I do want her to get a degree so she'll have money later when the checks stop coming.
I would recommend calling and talking to the local community colleges about online classes.
More and more colleges are offering them.