• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Online dating

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
For less than a couple of weeks, I was talking online to a Japanese woman who I thought was pretty cool, and while things didn't crash and burn, she stated that she would rather just be friends, due to finding me 'a little too nerdy', despite "her being the nerdy type also - liking games and specific niche shows".

If you can tell having read some of my previous posts, I was wondering if you think I'm nerdy to the extent, that it can be off-putting?

I expect to get responses like "Impossible to tell from a few posts from you". But I'm only asking this question for people who have communicated with me enough, or just enough, to get a feel of how I communicate, anyway. Real life body language doesn't matter in this case, as with the Japanese woman, we had never met in real life anyway.

Viker

Häxan
You're most definitely a nerd but in a likable way. :p

Most everyone here is a nerd. It's just we don't fly our nerd flag high or often enough. Closet nerds are dorks, anyways. :D

Don't let it get to you. Remember, she just isn't awesome nerd enough for you.

Last edited:

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
For less than a couple of weeks, I was talking online to a Japanese woman who I thought was pretty cool, and while things didn't crash and burn, she stated that she would rather just be friends, due to finding me 'a little too nerdy', despite "her being the nerdy type also - liking games and specific niche shows".

If you can tell having read some of my previous posts, I was wondering if you think I'm nerdy to the extent, that it can be off-putting?

I expect to get responses like "Impossible to tell from a few posts from you". But I'm only asking this question for people who have communicated with me enough, or just enough, to get a feel of how I communicate, anyway. Real life body language doesn't matter in this case, as with the Japanese woman, we had never met in real life anyway.
I have made a few posts here recently asking similar questions, regarding if there seems to be something off about me socially because I find it hard to make friends. But I've come to realize that you should really just be who you want to be, say what you want to say. If you don't see anything wrong with what you're saying, chances are there isn't anything wrong with it at all. (but, of course, read the room if this sort of thing happens too often because sometimes we miss things: for example if you start talking about trees and another person doesn't appear to be interested in the conversation topic, perhaps don't talk about trees with that person)

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Anyone who uses popcorn as an avatar is friend-worthy. As for "nerd", I'm too old to find the term useful.