• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One of a kind.

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Many pantheist equate god with everything as a whole, therefore they think that everything is god. I'm a LHP Pantheist, therefore I think that everything is it's own god. Have you ever heard of LHP Pantheism before, and do you have any questions about or objections to my ideology?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I guess I'll play.

To answer your question of whether I have heard of it before, I know of LHP, and I know of Pantheism, but I can't say that I've seen someone refer to their religion as LHP Pantheism.

What is your definition of a god?

Twig pentagram

High Priest
I guess I'll play.

To answer your question of whether I have heard of it before, I know of LHP, and I know of Pantheism, but I can't say that I've seen someone refer to their religion as LHP Pantheism.

What is your definition of a god?
Thanks, I was bored as ****. LHP Pantheism is not my religion, it's my ideology. Secondly, god is a word or title. As for Allah, Yahweh, Jesus Christ, etc, I look at them as archetypes.

Reptillian

Hamburgler Extraordinaire
Everything is its own god? So my toenail is a god in and of itself? My tastebuds are gods? Are some gods subservient to other gods in your view?...since my toenail is a part of my foot, does that make my toenailgod a part of my footgod? Wouldn't there make that one unique all powerful god that is represented by the universe, since it too would be a god. So not only are you postulating that the universe is god, but that the universegod is composed of an infinity of lesser gods...right? :) I hope I didn't confuse you too much with this postgod.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Thanks, I was bored as ****. LHP Pantheism is not my religion, it's my ideology. Secondly, god is a word or title. As for Allah, Yahweh, Jesus Christ, etc, I look at them as archetypes.
What is god a word or title for? What does the title of god mean?

Does a god have complete power over self, or does a god depend on her surrounding environment, and other gods? Can a god die?

Twig pentagram

High Priest
Everything is its own god? So my toenail is a god in and of itself? My tastebuds are gods? Are some gods subservient to other gods in your view?...since my toenail is a part of my foot, does that make my toenailgod a part of my footgod? Wouldn't there make that one unique all powerful god that is represented by the universe, since it too would be a god. So not only are you postulating that the universe is god, but that the universegod is composed of an infinity of lesser gods...right? :) I hope I didn't confuse you too much with this postgod.
Wrong. God is just a word to me. When I say everything is it's own god I'm not saying everything has supernatural magical powers. I'm saying that everything has it's own divine presence and properties, because everything is divine.
In conclusion, if you believe your toenail is god then your toenail is god. Who am I to tell you different. I don't think god made us, I think we made god.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Wrong. God is just a word to me. When I say everything is it's own god I'm not saying everything has supernatural magical powers. I'm saying that everything has it's own divine presence and properties, because everything is divine.
In conclusion, if you believe your toenail is god then your toenail is god. Who am I to tell you different. I don't think god made us, I think we made god.
What is the definition of "divine" or "divine presence and properties"?

Twig pentagram

High Priest
What is god a word or title for? What does the title of god mean?

Does a god have complete power over self, or does a god depend on her surrounding environment, and other gods? Can a god die?
What is god a word or title for?
It's all subjective.

Does a god have complete power over self, or does a god depend on her surrounding enviroment, and other gods?
I've never met a god with complete power over self.

Can a god die?
I'm a god and I am know that I will have my taste of death.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
So I guess my question would be, what is the difference between believing everything is its own god, and not believing everything is its own god?

Is it just to add some lingual spice to life? Bathe in various archetypes? Intrigue others by calling yourself a god, and follower of LHP? Add a bit of fun to life?

Twig pentagram

High Priest
So I guess my question would be, what is the difference between believing everything is its own god, and not believing everything is its own god?

Is it just to add some lingual spice to life? Bathe in various archetypes? Intrigue others by calling yourself a god, and follower of LHP? Add a bit of fun to life?
I don't know about adding lingual spice or intrigueing others, But bathing in various archetypes does help me deal with my daily struggles, and I do like to add fun to life from time to time.
Thinking that everything is it's own god has helped me to understand my existence better than any other ideology or religion that I have encountered. When you take LHP Pantheism far enough it's basically going to boil down to life is what you make it.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I don't know about adding lingual spice or intrigueing others, But bathing in various archetypes does help me deal with my daily struggles, and I do like to add fun to life from time to time.
Thinking that everything is it's own god has helped me to understand my existence better than any other ideology or religion that I have encountered. When you take LHP Pantheism far enough it's basically going to boil down to life is what you make it.
Ok. Thanks for sharing your views.

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Your welcome, I guess. What about you, how do you explain or what's your understanding of existence?
As for explaining existence, I leave that to the scientists and to personal experience. As for understanding it, each person constructs a worldview that is tailored to their needs as a person.