• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

One Mormon's view of Trump

Muffled

Jesus in me
I read the letter. It is quite enlightening.

Jehovah's Witnesses are having a special letter read at their meetings (usually held over Zoom now in most places) on maintaining our strict political neutrality, especially as our special campaign - to advertise Jehovah's kingdom government that is the real solution to mankind's problems in November to all governmental authorities around the world - approaches. (I reread that, it's a mouthful.)

For the most part there is no problem with it. But sometimes you can hear a brother or a sister mumble something or another because of the influence of media and social networking. And we would never want to take sides in Satan's system of things.

I find this letter a very strong proof of the Mormon's "prostitution" of herself as a religious organization meddling in politics, as Revelation 17, 18 represents false religion.

It makes some rather doozy and unverifiable claims as well such as: "Mr. Trump has preached fear and divisiveness among the American people, then used these raw emotions to create a mindless, militant personal following. With this private army, which believes every word he utters." You can only make such a statement if you personally know or know of every member of said army, and what they think.

He also mentions the United States as being a democracy. This is actually not true. It is a Democratic Republic, wherein the people elect officials to represent them in office. And it is actually the officials that make and pass the laws for the people. Not the people themselves.

I believe I agree that Trump is not near as divisive as the Democrats.

I believe I am a thinking Republican and proud to be a Trump supporter and think people who think I am deplorable are calling me names because they can't face the truth.

I believe most Republicans are not militant but Antifa is.

I don't know of any Republican who believes every word Trump utters but I can tell that Biden is lying constantly.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Stop polluting this thread. It's disgusting and serves only to render your religion even more distasteful to many, if not most, of us.

I believe Trump has done more for Israel than any recent president. If you didn't wish to debate then why don't you just write nonsense to yourself since you are so self deceived.