• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

On Becomeing and Alchemist?

Satanix

Setian Medic
This book is listed in the reading list for the xeper.org, it is a good book and available on Kindle and for purchased through Amazon.com

There beginning portion of this work is very interesting, recognizing base matter as (desire) and learning the change with the desire to not just gain the result, but to Xeper along with it. Being the Change you wish to see is more than just a new age adaptation from Gandhi. It is indeed a useful alchemical and occult piece of wisdom, just like that of Know Thyself.

However, the author is breeching into areas of Higher Knowledege of Angels and Meeting on the Higher Plane with Jesus and Buddha. I am trying to figure out how some of this is at all useful to Setianism. I don't buy into Buddhism or Christianity (I don't care if there are Christians, I don't find a constant need to disprove their views or their faith.) I feel Buddhism and Christianity is faith, fear-based and worshipful observance of the OU, The Word of Sin is Restriction - Liber Al. Like Liber Al I feel that Christian and Buddist views are Restricting to the Ba seeking to achieve Godhood.

She gave a Alchemical diagram of a Cross, of course not originating in Christianity, but Greek Hermecticism. It was associated with Higher Thinking and Lower Thinking, ex. Levity and Gravity. Where Vertical Thinking is associated with Higher Spirits and Lower Spirits (not nessessarily good or evil/demons vs. angels, although the author does use angels to refer to Higher Beings.) Horizontial Thinking is the realm of Human Beings. While I am sure alot of this explaination is alegorical how do we properly remove the dross (fear based RHP occultnik stuff) and extract the useful alchemical knowledege?

The cross example is useful, simple, and healthy to look at from a non Judeo-Christian Point of View, but I am not a Setian so as to commune with Angels, Jesus, and Buddha. Jesus, Buddha, etc have said some good things, but I do not desire in the least to commune with them.

If anyone has read this can I get some advice on how to properly approach this text? Thank-you

Xeper,
Setanix

Last edited:

L.Keane

Master Cosmonaut~EoB
Dear Satanix,

You said:

The cross example is useful, simple, and healthy to look at from a non Judeo-Christian Point of View, but I am not a Setian so as to commune with Angels, Jesus, and Buddha. Jesus, Buddha, etc have said some good things, but I do not desire in the least to commune with them.

I have not read the book in question but if you don't desire to "commune" with "them" then don't. I would approach that book and any book with the Polarian method in mind. If I'm going to study alchemy, for example, I will research the most thorough academic and primary source material available. I will then look to incorporate what I Will from the material studied so as to make it unique to my Needs. As a Setian I have no problem "communing" with Jesus or Buddha...or Cthulhu or Thor or whatever it is that best reflects what I am trying to accomplish.

I would posit a question to you...why is it that, as a Setian, you will not commune with Angels, Jesus or Buddha? If it is because they hold no meaning for you then that is fine but if they hold some sort emotional influence for you I would suggest trying to get to the root of that emotional trigger. Dis-Identification is an important goal for the Setian, at least in my opinion.

Xeper,

L

Daelach

Setian
Speaking in general.. remember that the original Indian LHP was not an enemy to the RHP. The two complemented each other. Most important: The difference was NOT in the aim, only in the means. Therefore, there are many worthy things in Buddhism to be found.

However.. I personally don't see much value in communing with Buddha and Jesus. I never did that, why would I. Especially not with Jesus. The northern gods, yes.. but that's something different. They are not from the monotheistic Jahve-stuff, however..

Overmore, the value of books greatly depends on where you are standing. There are very useful books that lose their value if you read them too late. Hermann Hesse is such an example. (Probably, if you are American, that author will mean nothing to you anyway - if you spoke German however, his linguistic style alone would be worth reading.)

So it may well be that you have passed the moment where such books would have had their value for you. That doesn't withstand them standing in a literature list, however, since the list isn't a list for you personally. You have the choice, as always, to pave your way.

On the other hand.. remember that one of the greatest challenges is not to let oneself enslave by the ideals of one's own ideology, and that holds true also for Setianism. Or.. even especially for Setianism, since this is prescisely the point.