• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Old bible found in Israel confirms the Quranic view of Jesus(pbuh)

MEMNOCK

Spiritual Tour Guide
I didn't think you were making the point that the Gnostic writings don't come from God. At best they could be a reflection of what Gnostics thought. The idea that Gnostics were mainline Christian instead of a sect is preposterous. There isn't a shred of evidence to support it.

Oh, as opposed to the vast amount of "evidence" behind christianity. I am glad that your types do refer to yourselves as christians. It makes it simple to sort out the people who might have a clue and those who just need to be handed a cow bell and waived along. I really don't mean that as an insult, its just the way it is sadly.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Apparently. No doubt the Bahai's have a nifty slant on this as being a part of "progressive" revelation. :)

What is interesting is to hear Christians who claim that god is not the author of confusion try to explain how the Tower of Babel story is not god directly causing confusion.

Muffled

Jesus in me
Oh, as opposed to the vast amount of "evidence" behind christianity. I am glad that your types do refer to yourselves as christians. It makes it simple to sort out the people who might have a clue and those who just need to be handed a cow bell and waived along. I really don't mean that as an insult, its just the way it is sadly.

What is the largest church in the world? Is it a gnostic church. In my city there are many Christian churches but no gnostic church. We even have an Islamic prayer meeting at the community center.

Let me guess gnostics are mentioned in the gospels right? How about in the book of Acts at least?

Muffled

Jesus in me
The Tower of Babel story is god directly causing confusion.

An author is an originator. Satan has the coyright.

When the world is good one language is good. When the world is evil one language allows too much power to be invested in evil.

It is the same thing with violence. A good world doesn't have any but God uses violence to judge evil in an evil world.

This also shows up when God places a lying spirit in a prophets mouth in order to eradicate an evil king. In a good world God does not lie. Satan is the father (author) of lies.

McBell

An author is an originator. Satan has the coyright.

When the world is good one language is good. When the world is evil one language allows too much power to be invested in evil.

It is the same thing with violence. A good world doesn't have any but God uses violence to judge evil in an evil world.

This also shows up when God places a lying spirit in a prophets mouth in order to eradicate an evil king. In a good world God does not lie. Satan is the father (author) of lies.

Talk about grasping at straws.
The lengths some people go in order to protect their box...

unique75

Gospel of Thomas is a Gnostic writing...read it and you'll see it contradicts the bible on many points. The writer was not an associate of Christ and did not record Jesus words at all...the writer wrote fanciful accounts of how Jesus as a child was a miracle worker.

You have to understand that not all who claimed to speak for God actually did speak for God. Paul, Jude, John all warn of false teachers and false teachings. The documentary you posted explains exactly that...that some teachers of christianity went far off from the original teachings of christ. They began to say Jesus was God, that Mary was the Virgin mother of God and the idea that she had other children is not taught in mainstream christianity even today.

Thus, this expossures might help us undesrtand why JESUS say/s HE will come again., The Bible even mentioned HIM saying, "If the FATHER hadn't shorten the time, It's possible that no one can be save"

Now let's ponder the reason Why, what's HIS purpose of coming again, and why so soon (If the FATHER hadn't shorten the time, It's possible that no one can be save)?

As, It's upto all of us to find the right angle of answers for the above. I pray that may our Loving GOD helps us understand the many mysteries of HIS words.

McBell

I pray that may our Loving GOD helps us understand the many mysteries of HIS words.
Why would he?
I mean, given that he went to such great trouble to make them as "mysterious" as he did....

GabrielWithoutWings

LOL. The mainstream Christian is telling Gnostics that their scriptures are highly suspect because they weren't the regular movement... just a 'sect'.

"Hi. We're Christians. No, we're not Jews. I mean, well, we are, but we're not. No, we're new. We got new stuff. What? Those guys? Oh, no. Those guys aren't regular Christians. I mean, we believe God incarnated into a Man, rose from the dead in body in three days, and have to eat his flesh and blood to live forever! THOSE guys believe some crazy stuff!

We're the regular new weird sect. THOSE guys are the weird new weird sect."

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
Thus, this expossures might help us undesrtand why JESUS say/s HE will come again., The Bible even mentioned HIM saying, "If the FATHER hadn't shorten the time, It's possible that no one can be save"
Now let's ponder the reason Why, what's HIS purpose of coming again, and why so soon (If the FATHER hadn't shorten the time, It's possible that no one can be save)?
As, It's upto all of us to find the right angle of answers for the above. I pray that may our Loving GOD helps us understand the many mysteries of HIS words.

the purpose in him coming the first time was to establish the truth & begin gathering disciples, to whom he offered a position beside himself in the heavenly kingdom.

His 2nd coming will be for the purpose of removing the wicked and those who oppose God. I think the reason why he says 'unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved' is because his 2nd coming would be during the time period known as the 'last days'
That time would mark terrible woe for the earth and its inhabitants...wars, disease, food shortages, crime and violence on an unprecedented scale would be occurring simultaneously. So I think it means that if God does not step in to 'cut the days short' then people will simply destroy each other, or illness, natural disasters, wars etc would finish everyone off...

with climate change upon us, i think Jesus words are having a dramatic fulfillment right now.

McBell

the purpose in him coming the first time was to establish the truth & begin gathering disciples, to whom he offered a position beside himself in the heavenly kingdom.

His 2nd coming will be for the purpose of removing the wicked and those who oppose God. I think the reason why he says 'unless those days were cut short, no flesh would be saved' is because his 2nd coming would be during the time period known as the 'last days'
That time would mark terrible woe for the earth and its inhabitants...wars, disease, food shortages, crime and violence on an unprecedented scale would be occurring simultaneously. So I think it means that if God does not step in to 'cut the days short' then people will simply destroy each other, or illness, natural disasters, wars etc would finish everyone off...

with climate change upon us, i think Jesus words are having a dramatic fulfillment right now.
images