• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Okay, you got me: I like RF

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I've kind of decided I wanted to further my education. Can't get into a real real classy school for the best education as I can't afford it. I've thought of the alternative of picking up some books, but it leads to the question of, "What books?"

The way I figure, there are two ways I can go on with deepening my spiritual path. Focusing on deepening my sense of intuition (pondering things that can't be seen), or focusing on deepening my sense of perception (making conclusions based on things that can be seen). The latter seems more rational to me.

My problem is I kind of allow myself not to do my own thing and to worry about what my family would think or their opinion. It kind of defeats my pursuit of the things I want in life.

What do I want out of life? I've let myself go in many ways. I really want to sharpen my cognitive abilities right up. I've been thinking how I want to be that person who ends up making people feel welcome who may not. You know, those people with 4 replies on a good thread, and not 25. I should reply more there and reply to them. I need to let go of the idea that I am a bit narcissistic and holding onto that view as it is stunting my growth.

I just wanted to let you folks know something: I've made some very messy statements here. I expected this forum to pick me up instead of picking up myself. I just need to shed some of the things holding me back such as my selectiveness on the people I allow close to me based on past experiences, and to just shine and see who kind of either wants to shine also or provide me advice along the way.

I'm not saying this forum provided the whole entire eye opener in every last way for me to work on myself. I'm saying I realized through discussions so far that some of my ideas are more off than I thought and such, and eventually led to that eyeopener. So yeah, I want to improve.

Recently I made progress by standing up for myself in something big. It made me feel good. The problem is that my friends, knowing the old me and growing to like it, might not like me finally making some stands where it matters.

tl;dr - RF tends to give you the answers you need to hear, instead of the answers you want to hear. Thank you!

And I had my first real notable experience since I joined the forum on Thursday. That's the thought that "Don't find answers through others, find it through yourself. Be your own beacon." Or... Or... Something like that.

As for who's helped me so far... you know who you are.

Look forward to talking books and other things in the future.

Anyway, I kind of just wanted to sum up a few of my threads and tell my conclusion. How are things in your life?

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
I knew it, of course.

You will become like us.

7ee68d56b53a18858d3d3a6828a05d3bdb3be63c.gif

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member

12 rules for Life- Jordan Peterson or you could watch as many of his classroom lectures or speeches/debates.

Workman

UNIQUE
I've kind of decided I wanted to further my education. Can't get into a real real classy school for the best education as I can't afford it. I've thought of the alternative of picking up some books, but it leads to the question of, "What books?"

The way I figure, there are two ways I can go on with deepening my spiritual path. Focusing on deepening my sense of intuition (pondering things that can't be seen), or focusing on deepening my sense of perception (making conclusions based on things that can be seen). The latter seems more rational to me.

My problem is I kind of allow myself not to do my own thing and to worry about what my family would think or their opinion. It kind of defeats my pursuit of the things I want in life.

What do I want out of life? I've let myself go in many ways. I really want to sharpen my cognitive abilities right up. I've been thinking how I want to be that person who ends up making people feel welcome who may not. You know, those people with 4 replies on a good thread, and not 25. I should reply more there and reply to them. I need to let go of the idea that I am a bit narcissistic and holding onto that view as it is stunting my growth.

I just wanted to let you folks know something: I've made some very messy statements here. I expected this forum to pick me up instead of picking up myself. I just need to shed some of the things holding me back such as my selectiveness on the people I allow close to me based on past experiences, and to just shine and see who kind of either wants to shine also or provide me advice along the way.

I'm not saying this forum provided the whole entire eye opener in every last way for me to work on myself. I'm saying I realized through discussions so far that some of my ideas are more off than I thought and such, and eventually led to that eyeopener. So yeah, I want to improve.

Recently I made progress by standing up for myself in something big. It made me feel good. The problem is that my friends, knowing the old me and growing to like it, might not like me finally making some stands where it matters.

tl;dr - RF tends to give you the answers you need to hear, instead of the answers you want to hear. Thank you!

And I had my first real notable experience since I joined the forum on Thursday. That's the thought that "Don't find answers through others, find it through yourself. Be your own beacon." Or... Or... Something like that.

As for who's helped me so far... you know who you are.

Anyway, I kind of just wanted to sum up a few of my threads and tell my conclusion. How are things in your life?
Hello my dear friend...
I have a more understanding of your situation..nice to know, at same time is a lot on shoulder to carry..
Release them all..and carry nothing on you..for it is a barrier.

My life is good only because I give life back to it...my Goodness!
For Everything in it is...very good
But...
Problem is one can see...very bad in it...NOW! Making it unworthy in themselves for seeing it..
But this is not anyone’s fault but the individuals own doings in faith.