• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

oil painting

raazxt

i beginner in oil painting any one know about oil painting please refer something for me i really want to learn:shout

psychoslice

Veteran Member
There is a lot of really good stuff on you-tube that should help you, are you interested in portraits or landscapes ?.

Idris

I always think kids are the best teachers for learning like the nike advert says : just do it!

Im not joking - the fastest learners are kids and what do they do - they just get up and do it dont worry about how bad or if ya doing it right etc. as long as you know the basics. And of course its ok to learn the adult way as well but its all about not being too precious! I reckon anyway.

Skwim

Veteran Member
i beginner in oil painting any one know about oil painting please refer something for me i really want to learn:shout
I would switch to acrylics.
They're easier to clean up.
You can paint on anything.
You can make crisper edges.
They're more flexible.
They're more light fast.
Typically they're less expensive.
As for general advice you might want to check THIS web site. Although it's titled Oilpainting Workshop, the advice applies to painting with acrylics as well.

Slapstick

Psychoslice is an expert. I would suggest getting some pointers from him or having him create a few beginners videos for you and others.

psychoslice

Veteran Member
If you want a perfect drawing the grid method is my favorite.
SDC10186.jpg

I always think kids are the best teachers for learning like the nike advert says : just do it!

Im not joking - the fastest learners are kids and what do they do - they just get up and do it dont worry about how bad or if ya doing it right etc. as long as you know the basics. And of course its ok to learn the adult way as well but its all about not being too precious! I reckon anyway.

Totally not the case with oil painting.

I would switch to acrylics.
They're easier to clean up.
You can paint on anything.
You can make crisper edges.
They're more flexible.
They're more light fast.
Typically they're less expensive.
As for general advice you might want to check THIS web site. Although it's titled Oilpainting Workshop, the advice applies to painting with acrylics as well.

Terrible advice. Oil paints are far more superior.