• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oil Dependance?

work in progress

Yes, but the thread topic was about pressuring our governments to reduce dependence on foreign oil. I can't pressure Chinese officials, but I can pressure American officials, and America has a fairly static or decreasing energy usage per capita.
It could be a lot better if North America had less reliance on cars and more on public transit. Europe uses on average, half of North American oil consumption, Japan is roughly half of Europe's. Any long term solution to phasing out carbon fuels will have to cut the reliance on the automobile. It's just not going to work trying to put lithium batteries in 150 million cars and providing enough electricity to keep them all charged.

I've described in numerous threads now my emphasis on wanting America to reduce the trade deficit (which includes oil imports and Chinese imports).
All thanks to free trade! Dialing back the outsourcing of manufacturing is where it will all have to begin.

Yep, my investment in Australian coal export terminal infrastructure has been my best one. Originally, it was a diversified infrastructure investment that included transmission lines, lumber, shipping ports, gas terminals, rail roads, and renewable energy, but the coal export terminal has grown considerably.
Unfortunately, your coal investments will probably be among the only profitable ventures in the coming years. Even with the worldwide recession, China's coal consumption is increasing, and coal prices are going to rise significantly as they start importing large quantities of coal from Australia and Indonesia.