• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Oh my God, I'm so fat!"

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
I honestly have no idea how they justified it officially, school pride I guess? :shrug:

Unofficially it brought in HUGE revenues. And most of the revenue stayed within the sports department, a little bit went to kinesiology or PT. I asked one of my arts profs to fight it and he simply said 'fools rush in where angels fear to tread'.

I remember many football players goofing off, becoming bouncers and some became cops after school (big surprise there). They got free passes from tests, or had their own test date postponed. Of course getting all the chicks as well. So many more perks than high school.

I played football in high school and knew some of the perks but college sports players have it all. That's one of the areas where Canada is just like America, we both have an incessant obsession with organized sports.

The degree that sports are glorified repulses me. All it is is chasing balls. That's what it boils down to.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Well....we do have our own political party.
Indeed, but many Libertarians join with the Republicans instead of their own party. Instead of ridding on the coat tails of the GOP, they should just step out on their own.

I remember many football players goofing off, becoming bouncers and some became cops after school (big surprise there). They got free passes from tests, or had their own test date postponed. Of course getting all the chicks as well. So many more perks than high school.
That is one of the reasons I look forward to teaching at a university, that way I can hear their hopes and dreams of a free pass shatter, and see their look when they realize they have to pass on their own merit.

The degree that sports are glorified repulses me. All it is is chasing balls. That's what it boils down to.
You forgot in some sports they also slap some balls around. They grab for balls in others.
I find it hysterically funny that sports is considered to be so masculine, but it is so full of homoerotic themes and actions I don't see how the average jock doesn't run in terror at the idea of another guy slapping his butt.
It is very sad though that so many departments in so many high schools and universities have potential funding taken from them just because the football team needs some flashy jerseys that aren't going to look so flashy after a few grass and sweat stains.