• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oh deer!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Just a small update. The little deer "Precious" is now taking food both out of my hand and directly out of my mouth. I put a slice of apple in my mouth and bite on the edge and she comes over and takes it. It's quite amazing, lol. She has done this a few dozen times now. Usually she will take a few slices on each visit and comes within an inch of my nose. ;) Too sweet, really.

I am working on getting a picture of the interaction. Hopefully that won't take too long.

Buttercup

Veteran Member
Just a small update. The little deer "Precious" is now taking food both out of my hand and directly out of my mouth. I put a slice of apple in my mouth and bite on the edge and she comes over and takes it. It's quite amazing, lol. She has done this a few dozen times now. Usually she will take a few slices on each visit and comes within an inch of my nose. ;) Too sweet, really.
Wow, that's amazing! I'm SO jealous. Now, you tell that Buttercup she'd better start acting more grateful too!

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I hope she doesn't walk up to a hunter one day, or someone with a taste for venison and a large freezer.:(

MissAlice

Oh deer!

DSC00738a.jpg

You can imagine my joy when about three weeks ago, she was the very first to take the first tentative steps towards me and accept the piece of apple I held in my hand. Since that time, she comes by quite regularly and though hardly tame, by any stretch, she has no problem walking right up to me and standing about a foot away.

DSC00739a.jpg

DSC00740a.jpg

DSC00741a.jpg

DSC00742a.jpg

DSC00743a.jpg

OMG how CUTE!!!! :hearts:

What I wouldn't give to see even one deer standing that close.

Where in blazes to you live if you don't mind me asking?

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
I hope she doesn't walk up to a hunter one day, or someone with a taste for venison and a large freezer.:(
There are very strict hunting laws here on my island paradise, Seyorni. Though it is a concern, it isn't that likely. I should add that they do maintain a healthy skitishness and bolt in an instant when startled.