• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ocarina

jimbob

The Celt
Does anyone else here play the Ocarina? Just wondering. Its not really a well known instrument, but i just thought i'd ask.:D

jimbob

The Celt
They are really pretty and not to hard to learn. The main thing when playing one is learnig how to switch holes smoothly, but other then that, its super easy. REALLY fun. They make incredible music, and i'm not talking about those little 12 second whistles in "Zelds, ocarin of time". Anyone know the song, "return to pooh corner", yup, that sounds pretty awesome on a c sharp Ocarina. Candle on the water is fun to play too. If i find it, i'll post a link with some of those songs, its a great link for beginners.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Me! I love it, though mine isn't at all built for playing, which is sad. I found out after I got it that it was more meant for decoration than sound. It sounds purdy still, though!

Fluffy

A fool
Not well known? Everyone knows what an ocarina is after Zelda :D.

I'd love to play one just as much as I'd love to play any musical instrument. Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to perservere enough to get anywhere :(.

jimbob

The Celt
Fluffy said:
Not well known? Everyone knows what an ocarina is after Zelda :D.

I'd love to play one just as much as I'd love to play any musical instrument. Unfortunately, I seem to be unable to perservere enough to get anywhere :(.
If i were you i'd try to play the four-holed(english style). Wood and fired clay are the best. Seriously though fluffy, if you are unable to persevere, this is the perfect insturment. I play it whenever i'm bored, and within the first week, i had it mastered. It is sooooo easy to learn and play. Give it a try.:D

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I can only play the piano, and only just barely... :(

I wish I could play the songs of the greats!

john313

warrior-poet
i played it on zelda, i could play the Star wars song and the M*A*S*H song(suicide is painless) :)
never in the material world though.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I can play a grand total of one thing on my ocarina. :D Mine came with a booklet, and it must not have been made with a smaller ocarina in mind... the notes mine make are high and the songs sound awful. I like just making noise on it, though. Every once in a while I do something that sounds decent.

Loki

zelda is what got me into ocarinas. A friend of mine got one a while ago, and he keeps saying how cool it is, so i want one!