• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Objectively Real

Ozzie

But truth that exists objectively (as truth does), and exists independently of subjective perception, doesn't exclude "subjective perception" either --especially as, objectively speaking, we each hold a perception that is truthfully subjective.

Subjectivity really exists.

I don't see pointlessness.
Can you provide an example of subjectivity that "really exists" without being acted out, and so available to third party scrutiny (you might then argue your subjectivity is 'objectively real" because you can verify it??) Sounds like infinite regress to me.

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Can you provide an example of subjectivity that "really exists" without being acted out, and so available to third party scrutiny (you might then argue your subjectivity is 'objectively real" because you can verify it??) Sounds like infinite regress to me.
The actor engaging life is an example (i.e. each "me").

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Why not?

Question: Does subjective phenomena exist without a notion of ownership in that it requires a perceiver?
To answer your first question, you word questions percularly so that I often don't know what to make of them.

Do you mean the phenomena that is the subjective perspective? If so, then yes, it is dependent upon the concept of ownership --of things, and hence a "self".

Ozzie

To answer your first question, you word questions percularly so that I often don't know what to make of them.

Do you mean the phenomena that is the subjective perspective? If so, then yes, it is dependent upon the concept of ownership --of things, and hence a "self".
Apologies for my way of asking questions. Here for instance I stuffed my phrasing. Anyway the question is:

Do subjective phenomena exist without a notion of ownership?

Willamena

Just me
Premium Member
Do subjective phenomena exist without a notion of ownership?
I find questions of dependency difficult to answer, because the best answer I can see is "yes and no".

With a concept of 'self' and 'ownership' we have attachment to and expessable being in 'things'. With these concepts put in perspective, we can have no attachment to or expressable being in 'things', but do they disappear? No.

Last edited: