• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Oakland tanker fire melts steel supports

kateyes

I may end up being sorry I reopened this can of worms. The following quote is in the CNN story regarding the tanker that hit the Oakland Bay bridge this weekend:

Flames 200 feet high

Witnesses reported flames rising up to 200 feet into the air. Heat exceeded 2,750 degrees and caused the steel beams holding up the interchange from eastbound I-80 to eastbound Interstate 580 above to buckle and bolts holding the structure together to melt, leading to the collapse, California Department of Transportation director Will Kempton said.

Now it may be early yet but there so far there don't seem to be any great conspiracy theories floating about the internet regarding this occurance and it generally seems to be accepted as an accident. Could someone please explain to me why this story would be accepted as true--but the collapses of buildings I, II, and 7 at the WTC on 9/11 are considered some great government conspiracy? :shrug:

RevOxley_501

temperature differences

gasoline vs Kerosene

type of steal

other flames

lack of oxygen

fireproof materials covering most of the steel

etc

etc

etc