• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nuts and SR 1-on-1 Discussion Thread

nutshell

While I don't want interruptions to my conversation with SR - I am curious as to what others think. Not that it matters. It only matters what God thinks and to him I will submit.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
While I don't want interruptions to my conversation with SR - I am curious as to what others think. Not that it matters. It only matters what God thinks and to him I will submit.
I think that Evangelical Protestantism would be a great fit for you, nutshell. Enjoy your new-found faith.

Special Revelation

Hey Nutshell,
You tried to start a one on one debate a few days ago, but I didn't acknowledge it. Just start an open debate for all to participate: call it "I am having doubts about the LDS Faith, le't discuss it".

FFH

Veteran Member
I am curious as to what others think.
Nutshell, there is a lot of good that's come from the Protestant/Pentacostal/Evangelical movement...

They've taken on well established religions and challenged them to take a hard look at their respective religions...
it only matters what God thinks and to him I will submit.
This is the philosophy I've tried to live by for the last 20 some odd years...

It's a good rule to follow...

Bishka

Veteran Member
Your LDS friends will need to challenge your new faith... so other won't follow your lead in denying Joseph Smith as being a prophet of God.

Actually we won't. God leads people in different directions for his own intents and purposes. If Nutshell wants to convert, I say let him convert. I certainly don't intend to try to debate to bring him back. It is his choice where his spirituality goes, his and God's.

Nutshell, good luck with this, I am glad that you have found something that works for you. May God be with you and we will always consider you a brother in Christ. :)

FFH said:
it only matters what God thinks and to him I will submit.

Excellent quote and that is something that I have tried to live by as well.

Special Revelation

Actually we won't. God leads people in different directions for his own intents and purposes. If Nutshell wants to convert, I say let him convert. I certainly don't intend to try to debate to bring him back. It is his choice where his spirituality goes, his and God's.

Nutshell, good luck with this, I am glad that you have found something that works for you. May God be with you and we will always consider you a brother in Christ. :)

But I think it's unloving to let him join the great apostasy, don't you agree? God tells us in Ephesians 4 to speak the truth in love! Don't you think we should be obedient to the Word of God?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I humbly submit that no one -- no one -- "speaks the truth in love" more passionately than followers of Girls On Trampolines.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
But I think it's unloving to let him join the great apostasy, don't you agree? God tells us in Ephesians 4 to speak the truth in love! Don't you think we should be obedient to the Word of God?
God has given each of us the freedom to choose. Nutshell has been LDS for long enough to know the Church's position on both the Apostasy and the Restoration. Apparently, he is not happy as a Latter-day Saint and wishes to follow a different path. If you're expecting us all to fly into a panic over his decision, you're probably going to be disappointed.

In 3 Nephi 11:29, we read Christ's words to the Nephites: "For verily, verily I say unto you, he that hath the spirit of contention is not of me, but is of the devil, who is the father of contention, and he stirreth up the hearts of men to contend with anger, one with another."

You may not believe that, but we do. None of us believes nutshell's decision would be right for us, but if it's right for him, that's a matter between him and God.

Bishka

Veteran Member
You may not believe that, but we do. None of us believes nutshell's decision would be right for us, but if it's right for him, that's a matter between him and God.

Amen! :yes:

Special Revelation, I do not see you ways as 'love' towards us, but as Katzpur has said, we will not fly into a panic over this because this is Nutshell's descision. Not yours, not ours, but his decision. We want him to be happy with God and happy with himself; and if this is his path -- so be it.