• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Not sure on what religion to be

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I would rather have honest straightforward posts like Shuttles rather than anything vague. Last thing I would want is to join some group then get 'surprised' by their beliefs later, Shuttle is pretty up front, I already know his general beliefs and that's more than I can honestly say for many others who actually have been on RF far longer.

This is a dir, nor was his answer helpful to the op, and it was preachy it broke at least 3 rules.

Iti oj

Global warming is real and we need to act
Premium Member
I try mate, but the mods keep deleting bunches of my sensational posts and pictures in this and other threads for "bullying, trolling and spamming etc"..:)

Maybe you should read the rules. Respect the rules, the staff, and. The forum members.

For example rule 2 states don't discuss moderation.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Finding a religion is a huge waste of time, find yourself instead.

Life-is-about-creating-yourself.jpg

;)

Serenity7855

Lambaster of the Angry Anti-Theists
Maybe you should read the rules. Respect the rules, the staff, and. The forum members.

For example rule 2 states don't discuss moderation.

Rules are there for the benefit of all posters, they are not intended to annoy they are intended to provide a conducive atmosphere of healthy debate, however, the most frustrating thing is when posters point out the rules to other posters whilst they break the rules almost daily.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
I'm more looking for a belief that closely matches mine. So basically, yes.

Found anything yet? We see so many seekers on here that I just wish each of them would be able to find some sort of contentment from whatever they discover, or not at all, if that be the case. That constant seeking must be draining to the psyche after awhile.

Robert.Evans

You will be assimilated; it is His Will.
Hey everyone, I'm pretty sure I want to be some sort of religion, the only question is - which?
I believe:
Gods don't exist in this plane, but they can be worshipped and acknowledged as real.
There are multiple gods.
The gods aren't beneficial to humankind and are affected by fate.
Prayer is not the only way to solve a problem.
Gods aren't necessarily more powerful than humans, but they can unite peoples.
Reality is different in the minds of different peoples.
The gods are contacted through ceremonies, rituals and magic.
Tradition is more important than scripture.
Science is most likely correct.
Death is a transportation to another plane.
Gods are worshipped in idols.
Multiple religions can be correct.
I think that the closest thing to this is either Buddhism, Taoism or some sort of Paganism, but if so, which?

Hello.. welcome to RF.

I am probably going to be no help in helping you decide, so I will just say welcome..

for it is better to believe than not,
to know than to not know,
to exist than not,
to live than die... for you are part of the divine. :) I wish you well.

neologist

if there is a God who created us, did he not put within us the qualities of love Justice wisdom and free will?

Speaking first of love: (Principled love, that is)
Do you not think it appropriate for a God of love to explain what happened to the quality he gave us? For certainly the world shows a shortage of that quality today.

Wherever we might find an answer to that question might be an indication that we have come close to the true religion.

John 13: 34,35

stillsong

Be whatever suits you or be undeclared if you wish.
Just avoid the blue directories unless you just want to read. Comments are limited to members of that religion.
Green directories are fine. Look at the top of the page. This is a green directory.

paragon

You'd better choose a religion quickly if you haven't already before you die, otherwise you won't get into any heaven.