• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nostradamus, 2012, Kolbrin Bible, and History Channel's Credibility

Ilisrum

I was watching a re-run of the Nostradamus Effect on the History Chanel today. In the episode, prophecy nuts were discussing the Kolbrin Bible as evidence for their wacky end-time theories. I had never heard of the Kolbrin Bible before and right away it caught my attention. Oddly, the first thing that came to my mind was "FAKE!". Later, I decided to do a little research on it. Frustratingly (expectantly), I didn't find much information on it. But what I did find didn't add up.

From the product description on Amazon:
"The Kolbrin Bible dates back 3,600 years and offers unique and enlightened insights from the past to both challenge and affirm our present day beliefs. This 2-part, 11-book secular anthology is nearly as large as the King James Bible. The first six books are called the "Egyptian texts" and were penned by Egyptian academicians following the Hebrew Exodus. The last five books are called the "Celtic texts" and were penned by Celtic priests following the death of Jesus. Several accounts describe an object in orbit around our sun sun called the "Destroyer," which the Celtic authors call the "Frightener." According to recently translated Sumerian texts, this object (also known as Nibiru or Planet X) is in a 3600-year orbit around our sun, and The Kolbrin Bible warns us of its imminent return and of yet another Biblical tribulation."

Uh... yeah.:rolleyes:

The New Age/UFO/2012/forbidden knowledge buffs have been duped again. This is certainly a hoax, and a blatant one at that. I'm still interested in reading it out of curiosity, though.

What happened? Is it any wonder the History Channel has lost its credibility to so many people. I enjoy some of the History Channel's programming at times, but this whole hyped-up conspiracy theory and reality show crap is getting old. What happened to the days when History was educational?

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I'm disappointed in the History Channel too. The money/ratings are probably better for them with this stuff, though.