• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Norse Myth: Garden of Idunn and Garden of Eden

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Bare with me..

I hate to bring up Judeo myth but does anyone think the Garden of Idunn and the Garden of Eden are related?

Well, if you believe there ever was a tree of life which gave immortality. In the poems they say they took the tree and moved it. All these intrinsic deities relating to Sumeria would make a bit more sense if we could tie the knot on that.

The Jews are still wrong. I'm not an Anti-Semite, they just can't deal with criticism, it's anti-semitic, which is flaring BS. I know I'm talking mythology and want to talk about facts, call me a cynic.

I'm not well versed in Greek myth either, but they had Apples and a liquid giving youth, I heard it called 'Ambrosia'.

We're currently nearing an age wear engineering such a thing is possible. It just seems like a double entendre of a previous civilization or other ideals that immortality is going to work.

Just curious...

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member
Odin and his brothers Vili and Ve found two pieces of driftwood along the sea shore. One was ash and the other elm. Out of these they created the first two humans, Ask and Embla and breathed life into them. The god Heimdall later fathered more children who became the forerunners of the classes of royalty, freemen, and slaves. Most Heathens do not believe this is literal.

Theweirdtophat

A lot of religions take things from other religions. Judaism for example took a lot of stuff from Sumerian Mythology, but then, lots of religions did so, as Sumer was the oldest civilization. Even though Judaism was older than Zoroastrianism, they took a lot of their ideology as Christians took some from the various Pagans. I wouldn't think the idea is implausible that both these gardens are the same but under different names.

Whiterain

Get me off of this planet
Thanks for the replies. I do not take the Norse creation of Man myth to literal as there are other interpretations.

Nor do I think that is even the original myth. Evolution can even work in myth but nobody's going to want to hear it or that Somebody interbred with apes.

It all just de-rails trying to make sense of it. I'll give it time though.

I don't even want to talk about Judeo myth. It's all that brain washing when I was a child in Christian school, then 2 days of regular church. Tell little kids they're going to the lake of fire if they act up, it's twisted crap to say to a kid. If I were a parent I would be very angry.

I would have prefered to hear the Norse legends as I was a lad.

Last edited: