• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nones are apparently now the largest religious group...

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
And many of the self-declared religious people in those surveys reject many of their own religions' tenets and beliefs.
As an example of this: in a 2023 American survey, 15% of Catholics did not report believing in God.

Protestants and other Christians were also slightly more likely than their Catholic counterparts to believe in such spiritual entities, according to the poll. While 94 percent of Protestants said they believe in God, 85 percent of Catholics said the same.

Viker

Häxan
Why is this of any significance?
Pew likes to make polls and keep track of things. Some of the things work as useful information for others. It's showing a trend, one that's happening worldwide as well, in the US. Could be people are either bored with or disaffected with religion. So, if you got one of those exoteric religions that care about numbers/money, now would be the time to break out the PR team.

Last edited:

Shaul

Premium Member
Maybe the 'religious right' will fall be the wayside and 'nones' become a political force that the parties bow down to instead.
That assumes a correlation between religion and political perspective that isn't proven.

Shaul

Premium Member
Pew likes to make polls and keep track of things. Some of the things work as useful information for others. It's showing a trend, one that's happening worldwide as well, in the US. Could be people are either bored with or disaffected with religion. So, if you got one of those exoteric religions that care about numbers/money, now would be the time to break out the or team.
Pew research has an agenda.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
I didn't mean that literally. It's just a way I used to express the usage of an ad hominem.

Ya used "smear the messenger". I took it a step further with the old "kill the messenger" thing.

Also, I was agreeing with your suspicion.
Sorry. I misread your perfectly clear post. :oops:

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
UU welcomes all.
Kinda.

They do have a culture to them.

While it doesn't seek to exclude anyone, if you don't line up with the culture, it may not be a good fit.

Worth checking into before plunging in.

Bthoth

*banned*
Who said beliefs evolve?
I do.

Commandments to torah, (judaism), to bible (christianity), then off to quran (islam) is the perfect evidence of 'beliefs evolve'. Developing over time, evolving.

You should see what happened with science and the ongoing evolution by knowledge developing, enabling the unveiling of the truths regarding matters of life.

ps..... the 'word' is what fulfills.