• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Non muslim Han Chinese sneaking into Mecca as tourists

Something Is Rotten in the State of Saudis: Non-Muslim Chinese Allowed Into Mecca

From its foundation, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has enforced a strict policy of forbidding non-Muslims to visit the holy cities of Islam, Mecca and Medina. There are not even exceptions for ambassadors and other foreign dignitaries, unless of course they are Muslims themselves. But now it seems Saudi Arabia is making an exception—for Chinese tourists.​

No this is not a mistake the same Saudi government which recently kowtowed to the Chinese government and in denying the Uyghur Genocide (in which 3 million innocent people are detained and thousands murdered every day) is now allowing Chinese tourists into what is supposed to be Islam's holiest city!

danieldemol

Premium Member
Something Is Rotten in the State of Saudis: Non-Muslim Chinese Allowed Into Mecca

From its foundation, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia has enforced a strict policy of forbidding non-Muslims to visit the holy cities of Islam, Mecca and Medina. There are not even exceptions for ambassadors and other foreign dignitaries, unless of course they are Muslims themselves. But now it seems Saudi Arabia is making an exception—for Chinese tourists.​

No this is not a mistake the same Saudi government which recently kowtowed to the Chinese government and in denying the Uyghur Genocide (in which 3 million innocent people are detained and thousands murdered every day) is now allowing Chinese tourists into what is supposed to be Islam's holiest city!
I can see why denying the Uyghur oppression is wrong but surely allowing non-Muslims into Mecca is a good thing rather than a “rotten” thing

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

I have heard many horror stories done in China. Those feel so "rotten" that I don't even feel to go out and eat Chinese food anymore, although the Chinese people living in Holland are just fine Chinese. So I understand your feeling about this.

On the other hand, it's a good thing that the Muslim world starts opening up, and is getting less exclusive/judgmental (for whatever reason)
And imagine, if Chinese tourists, by going to Mecca, are getting transformed, and thereby slowly China transforms into less violence

So, I do understand your sentiment, but maybe there is a good side to this.