• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noah's ark...

We Never Know

No Slack
It's not the impossible to build at that time ship, its the total lack of evidence for a world wide flood of the magnitude described

Yet a little global warming will sink many places.
There is supposedly enough water in earth to cover earth. Not to mention many more times that in space/the universe.
The question becomes is there enough water to cover earth? Certainly! But did it happen?

George Washington didn't know dinosaurs existed, even though they did.

Last edited:

We Never Know

No Slack
What makes you think that?

I don't know what is or isnt possible. I do know whole cultures and city's that were once thought not to have existed, are being found to have existed

"After decades of searching scientists have discovered that a vast reservoir of water, enough to fill the Earth's oceans three times over, may be trapped hundreds of miles beneath the surface, potentially transforming our understanding of how the planet was formed"

https://amp-theguardian-com.cdn.amp...underground-ocean-three-times-that-on-surface

ppp

I don't know what is or isnt possible. I do know whole cultures and city's that were once thought not to have existed, are being found to have existed
I don't know what that has to do with anything? Or is that just an aside?

"After decades of searching scientists have discovered that a vast reservoir of water, enough to fill the Earth's oceans three times over, may be trapped hundreds of miles beneath the surface, potentially transforming our understanding of how the planet was formed"

I am not sure what you are imagining here. But it seems to me that you are suggesting that one can take the lower level of a structure and place it on top of an upper level without the whole thing collapsing back in on it self.

You cannot take all the water out of your feet, place it on your head, and thereby be taller.

We Never Know

No Slack

I am not sure what you are imagining here. But it seems to me that you are suggesting that one can take the lower level of a structure and place it on top of an upper level without the whole thing collapsing back in on it self.

You cannot take all the water out of your feet, place it on your head, and thereby be taller.

As I said.. "I don't know what is or isnt possible".
However If you know, share it with everyone.

We Never Know

No Slack

How much water is really in existence? Was there ever more here? I don't know. Do you?

"Located 30 billion miles away in a quasar – a massively powerful cosmic body – the water cloud is estimated to contain at least 140 trillion times the amount of water in all the seas and oceans here on Earth."

Scientists have found more water in space than they ever knew possible

ppp

As I said.. "I don't know what is or isnt possible".
However If you know, share it with everyone.
I know that there are not enough water molecules within the geosphere to cover the earth in water. Let alone to cover all the mounts as the Biblical text claims. I know that the civilizations that existed before the alleged flood, existed after as well. I know that a wooden boat the size of the Arke would crack under its own weight. I know that the world's flora would all be dead after a worldwide flood. Also the plankton and the coral. Neither of which happened. I know that such a rain would produce so much heat and pressure that the world would still be well over the boiling point of water. I know that there was never a worldwide flood.

We Never Know

No Slack
I know that there are not enough water molecules within the geosphere to cover the earth in water. Let alone to cover all the mounts as the Biblical text claims. I know that the civilizations that existed before the alleged flood, existed after as well. I know that a wooden boat the size of the Arke would crack under its own weight. I know that the world's flora would all be dead after a worldwide flood. Also the plankton and the coral. Neither of which happened. I know that such a rain would produce so much heat and pressure that the world would still be well over the boiling point of water. I know that there was never a worldwide flood.

Well there ya go. You know all that. Thanks for sharing what you know.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yet a little global warming will sink many places.
There is supposedly enough water in earth to cover earth. Not to mention many more times that in space/the universe.
The question becomes is there enough water to cover earth? Certainly! But did it happen?

George Washington didn't know dinosaurs existed, even though they did.

A global flood to a depth greater than the highest mountain as described would take 80 times more water than there is on earth. Yes i worked it out .

There are more than 326 million trillion gallons of water on Earth. Less than three percent of all this water is freshwater and of that amount, more than two-thirds is locked up in ice caps and glaciers.
How much water does Earth have? | Cool Cosmos.​

To put that in perspective...
images (2).jpeg

Yes in space and it is still in space. Water does not escape the earth's atmosphere
The amount of water claimed in the flood does not just suddenly fly off through the stratosphere at freezing temperatures.

A global flood would have left indications of flood all over the world.

The mixing of salt water and fresh from all that rain would have diluted the sea water to the extent it would have killed the vast majority of sea creatures.

Or perhaps they went on the ark, where were the blue whales stored?

And of course the George Washington thing is just another strawman

We Never Know

No Slack
A global flood to a depth greater than the highest mountain as described would take 80 times more water than there is on earth. Yes i worked it out .

There are more than 326 million trillion gallons of water on Earth. Less than three percent of all this water is freshwater and of that amount, more than two-thirds is locked up in ice caps and glaciers.
How much water does Earth have? | Cool Cosmos.​

To put that in perspective...
View attachment 63513

Yes in space and it is still in space. Water does not escape the earth's atmosphere
The amount of water claimed in the flood does not just suddenly fly off through the stratosphere at freezing temperatures.

A global flood would have left indications of flood all over the world.

The mixing of salt water and fresh from all that rain would have diluted the sea water to the extent it would have killed the vast majority of sea creatures.

Or perhaps they went on the ark, where were the blue whales stored?

I agree. But that amount of water does exist.

How much water is really in existence? Was there ever more here? I don't know. Do you?

"Located 30 billion miles away in a quasar – a massively powerful cosmic body – the water cloud is estimated to contain at least 140 trillion times the amount of water in all the seas and oceans here on Earth."

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I agree. But that amount of water does exist.

As i have noted, water does not escape earths atmosphere.

Geoloists including USGS agree how much water exits on earth. So yes we lnow howuch is on earth and within a few trillion litres, how much there was through history.

There are a lot of things in space, luckily most of them stay in space, the few yhings that don't

Reactions: ppp