• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noah's Ark Found

dawny0826

Mother Heathen
I totally believe in the Noah's arc story.

But those pictures aren't very convincing to me. They look kind of photo shopped.

A

angellous_evangellous

These are Biblical Scholars not scientists. There is a difference between the two.

There are no biblical scholars claiming to have found the ark. These guys have no integrity whatsoever and are not part of the academic community.

this is so photoshopped and fake its not even funny - this was on the history channel and it was an anomoly that was encased in ice permanently not like you can walk up to something on Mt Ararat and buy a souvenir -- people shouldnt be so gullible -- they was talking about how the Turkish government refused to let a real expedition go up and actually try to find out what it really is -- the mountain is 3 miles above sea level - yeah you can drive up in your car and look at it -- NOT

rojse

RF Addict
There are questions that we should ask before we just accept or reject the existence of Noah's ark. Here are a couple of mine that I would like answered:

- Is the ark structually sound?
- Can it support the weight of two of each species of animal?
- Was the wood available to Noah at the time when he may have built it, and in the location that he apparently built the ark?
- Is this ship able to float on water?
- Was it built to known ship construction methods of the time?
- Is the age of the wood from the correct time period?
- Is the measurements of the ship correct with what was written in the Bible?

Surely these are reasonable questions that should be asked by everyone, whatever their religious inclination, before accepting or dismissing the evidence of the ark.

kmkemp

There are questions that we should ask before we just accept or reject the existence of Noah's ark. Here are a couple of mine that I would like answered:

- Is the ark structually sound?
- Can it support the weight of two of each species of animal?
- Was the wood available to Noah at the time when he may have built it, and in the location that he apparently built the ark?
- Is this ship able to float on water?
- Was it built to known ship construction methods of the time?
- Is the age of the wood from the correct time period?
- Is the measurements of the ship correct with what was written in the Bible?

Surely these are reasonable questions that should be asked by everyone, whatever their religious inclination, before accepting or dismissing the evidence of the ark.

According to some admittedly Christian literature that I have read, the ark is actually the same model as far as dimensions that we use today to build our boats. In Noah's day, there was no such thing as shipbuilding, of course. If that information is reliable, I would say that it was able to float. It would be hard to come up with more than a guestimate for the actual number of existing species during that time, so I don't know how we would determine that.

Blindinglight

Disciple of Chaos
Nah...they wish they found it...........again.

Besides the precise size and length of the ship, the fact that it rests in the Mountains of Ararat, among other things, the wood had no rings:
It is simply impossible to know the exact diminsions of the Ark, since a cubit is not a definite measurement, such as a meter.

A

angellous_evangellous

Thank goodness. :yes:

If Noah's ark were found, I'd know about it. hahahaha

I'm a member of several international scholarly guilds, and I get emails even of shams. The sham list is designed to warn profs of what is going on in popular life that originated outside of the academic community... like when a TV producer claims to find the grave of Jesus. That way we can be aware of questions from students or even possible interviews from locals. This didn't even make the sham list....

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Thank you for that link, it was very informative. Maybe it really is the Ark? I am also a bit embarrassed since I went to the petrified forest in California in the past.

From that link

Petrified wood can preserve the original structure of the wood in all its detail, down to the microsopic level. Structures such as tree rings and the various tissues are often observed features.
No rings ....wrong explanation.

Looks more like the remains of a ancient hill fort to me.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Was there a Noah's ark? Or does the deluge recounts what happened in ice-age? Zoroastrian Avesta mentions a deluge by snow and Yima, king of men, on advice of Ahur Mazda, prepared an enclosure, and kept the seed of all things there, till the adverse age passed.

joeboonda

Okay, so actually this is NOT Noah's Ark. While I believe the story is true, I am not sure anyone has found the actual ark yet. The info that would refute Ron Wyatt's Ark is here:

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-abr/abr-a001.html

that leads here: http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v14/i4/report.asp

I must conclude with Dr. Morris and answersin genesis, that this quite likely, is NOT the Ark. That it still remains unfound, most reportings of seeing the Ark are around Greater Mt. Ararat where Morris has been focusing his attention. While we have great evidence for the Flood of Noah, the Ark remains hidden, perhaps by God on purpose. Also, after examining further claims of Ron Wyatt, that I had not known before, and have great reservations about until I can do more research, like finding the ten commandment stones in gold binding (which is not on his site, but AIG said he saw them),and Noah and his wife's burial sites--(the Turkish gov. is supposedly supposed to have their bones ???)I must conclude he is most likely is NOT a christian scholar of good repute. Although I believe in the Flood and Creation, I will point out error where I see it, and I believe I might see it with Ron Wyatt, although I must do further research...

Sonic247

Some people will do anything to make a buck, it would be cool if they did find Noahs ark one day though.

joeboonda

Some people will do anything to make a buck, it would be cool if they did find Noahs ark one day though.

Yeah, I don't know whether that was Wyatt's intent, though. Upon further research, I have found a great (too great) amount of information from other parties, which show the evidence for the site as being the Ark and for it not being the Ark. I have found information which directly refutes answersingenesis, etc. So, the research and the search for the truth continues...One thing I do believe is that the Bible is completely true and trustworthy and that if God wants to reveal Noah's Ark to us, He will do so in His timing for His glory. It is interesting reading about the Arminians in the area of the Mountains of Ararat and their history, names of their towns, and other archeological finds in the area which seem to strongly point to Noah and his family having settled there and repopulating the earth. The truth is there for those who are truly searching for it, and I for one only want the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, and ya better be able to prove it. So, research on truthseekers, research on...

Sonic247

Not quite that big, there is a new mueseum that just opened that is going to have a walk in one so people can see how everything could fit.