• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Noahide/Pagan in search of guidance/constructive feedback

Futhark

hello my name is Tyler

I have been involved religion since i was about 10 years old i was baptized at the age of 11 through a missionary baptist church local.

although i do not adhere to baptist anymore my spiritual life in high school was somewhat christian stance.

about 3 years ago in 2013 i discovered Asatru and later on that year in late october i discovered Druidry joining each organization to help understand my path.

i have been practicing Asatru and Druidry since then.

although as time went on my 'balls to the wall' mentality decayed with Asatru mainly due to altercations with my first kindred member also being a satanist on the side which i did not agree with and still dont and him having a different agenda.

my second kindred had bad communication with me although most of them were about my parents age and were set in their ways as far as how they practiced blot/symbel. And i have since stopped going to their kindred

so as far as Asatru and Druidry goes i am a solitary practicioner

my question or inquiry is, and i am trying to get past the voice in my head that says i can not practice more than one religion. just trying to understand my options here. but my inquiry is:

Can a man practice Noahidism or be loyal to G-d while still breaking the first law of Idolatry?

Sees

Dragonslayer
I would say it's possible to mix them, lots of people did historically during the Christianization of Europe, but whether it is ideal or long-term sustainable - only you can decide that for your self. As a pagan incorporating the biblical monotheistic God, or a Noahide incorporating pagan Gods, you run into the issue of conflicting mindset/worldview that can negate achieving a fully integrated, holistic way of life. It's not so hard to respect and incorporate some principles and teachings from different paths as it is to comfortably identify with both or get other people to understand your goals/reasons.

Sees

Dragonslayer
how do i change my religion status from asatru druid noahide to just Asatru Druid?

If you click on your name at the top right corner of the page near the inbox icon, then select Personal Details, you can edit from there.