• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Such Deity Name "God/god"!

Where did this name or sound come from and its orinal meaning?

• An German Deity - Origin Unkown?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • An Assyrian Deity - Good Luck & Fortune

• An Abraham, Yast'qahk & Ya'aqub Deity - No such deity

• One of the Ya'aqub sons - The Troop comes

• Don't know, please explain

• Total voters

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
The word "god" is used by people other than Christians. Perhaps you should have specified "Abrahamic God"
Yes, I understand, you see this in TV and Movies as well as in normal day life with statements like, "god damn!", "god damn you!" and this is normal in the Germanic clans. Based on documentation and correct me if I'm wrong; means, "to call/invoke damnation", "to call/invoke damnation upon you". As its being said today.

But, on the other hand Christian take offense at this and say, "they're taking God's/god's" name in vain. This means they have a Deity name "God/god", they use this defense 99.9% of the time. And Christianity is a new Germanic religion replacing the Druid religion. Do we have two different meanings of intent of this word?

Wikipedia -

The earliest written form of the Germanic word god comes from the 6th century Christian Codex Argenteus. The English word itself is derived from the Proto-Germanic * ǥuđan. Most linguists agree that the reconstructed Proto-Indo-European form * ǵhu-tó-m was based on the root * ǵhau(ə)-, which meant either ‘to call’ or ‘to invoke’.

So can anyone enlighten me on this?

Last edited:

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
Perhaps you should have specified "Abrahamic God"

There's no such Deity in the relationship of Abraham, Yast'qahk & Ya'aqub. The Germanic word "God/god" means to "to call" or "to invoke". In the Hebrew culture his relationship was and is with Yahuah Alahiym The Creator of all existence. Whom he knew through his Grandfather Shem. which he know through his Father nakh (Noah), which he knew through his Grandfather khanakh (Enoch).

Adstar

Shalum,

The sound and modern name "God/god" is of Germanic origin. North American English which originated from England is a dialect of its mother tongue German. This word was used before any of the Germanic clans were converted over to the Roman Catholic Religion and definitely before they created the Religion of Christianity!

So what was the original meaning of the sound and/or word when it was spoken? If it pointed to a deity, then what deity? Because it doesn't point to the deity of Abraham, Yats'qakh & Ya'aqub.

God is not a Name

God is what God is..

Like a Star is a Star

We call our local Star the Sun. Why because there are many Stars so therefore we have to distinguish each individual Star by giving it a unique identifying name.

But there is only One God ( to those of us who believe there is only one God ) Therefore an individual name for God is not necessary for us.

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
I call Him Jehovah.

J = French theater love sound,
e = Indo study of words using vowels,
ho - is a "who" (the "w" is a double "u" as in "uu"; the long vowel) sound, not "hole",
v = German sound; not Hebrew = spoken by the descendants of the House of Yahudah born among the Gemanic clan the Ashkenazi. Has a "vah" sound.
ah = Hebrew sound.

removing all foreign influence of His Name and Understanding the name Yahudah; you will get His proper pronouncing Name as Yahuah; Ya - hoo - ah. One continuous breath.

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
God is not a Name

God is what God is..

Like a Star is a Star

We call our local Star the Sun. Why because there are many Stars so therefore we have to distinguish each individual Star by giving it a unique identifying name.

But there is only One God ( to those of us who believe there is only one God ) Therefore an individual name for God is not necessary for us.

Documentation please?

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
The word 'God' is a title, right? Like 'president'.

Well, not according to the Germanic documented meaning but, perhaps in a modern use of the word, but need documented sources as to why its being used as a "title". In Christianity its being used to point to a Deity. In normal conversations its being used to damn someone or something.

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
Why do i need documentation ????

It is defined in the Bible as such in it's use.

This is the rule in debates and if this rule in not applied, then we can go on n on n on til the cows comes with no conclusion. People make up stuff just to sound intelligent and that's not the purpose of a debate. We want to educate each other based on facts and historical evidence.

Adstar

This is rule in debates and if this rule in not applied, then we can go on n on n on til the cows comes with no conclusion. People make up stuff just to sound intelligent and that's not the purpose of a debate. We want to educate each other base of facts and historical evidence.
Ok i offer the Bible as the documentation for the use of the word God. As not being a name but what God is. :)

Bunyip

pro scapegoat
O
What does it matter what name is used in English? Surely the concept it refers to is what is important.
But what concept is that? Without some more specific definition,the word 'god' is meaningless. It is a title and nothing more.

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
"God" is just the singular generic term for a deity. It's not the result of some paranoid conspiracy. No one alive knows how to pronounce the Tetragrammaton. It's been lost to history.

Its revealed only to the ones of the House of Ya'aqub who has return back to the Covenant of Yahuah. He only reveals Himself to His people and those who fear Him, The Alahiym of Yashra'al (Yisra'el) and does righteousness. Like Cornelius the Captain of the Italian Regiment in Ma'asah (Acts) 10:1-2

Listen to khanak (Enoch): Book of the Watchers

• 46.2 And I asked one of the Set-Apart Messengers, who went with me and showed me all the secrets, about that Son of Man, who He was, and from where He was, and why he went with the Head of Days.
  • 46.3 And he answered me, and said to me: "This is the Son of Man who has Righteousness and with whom Righteousness dwells. He will reveal all the treasures of that which is secret, for the Sovereign of Spirits has Chosen Him, and through Uprightness His lot has surpassed all others, in front of the Sovereign of Spirits, forever.
  • 48.7 But the wisdom of the Sovereign of Spirits has revealed Him to the Set-Apart and the Righteous, for He has kept safe the lot of the Righteous, for they have hated and rejected this world of iniquity. And all its works and its ways they have hated in the Name of the Sovereign of Spirits. For in His Name they are saved and He is the One who will require their lives.
  • 61.13 For great is the mercy of the Sovereign of Spirits, and He is long-suffering; and all His works and all His forces, as many as He has made, He has revealed to the Righteous and the Chosen, in the Name of the Sovereign of Spirits.

• 62.7 For from the beginning that Son of Man was hidden, and the Most High kept Him in the presence of His power, and revealed him only to the Chosen.
No secrets get revealed except to His Chosen.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Its revealed only to the ones of the House of Ya'aqub who has return back to the Covenant of Yahuah. He only reveals Himself to His people and those who fear Him, The Alahiym of Yashra'al (Yisra'el) and does righteousness. Like Cornelius the Captain of the Italian Regiment in Ma'asah (Acts) 10:1-2

Listen to khanak (Enoch): Book of the Watchers

• 46.2 And I asked one of the Set-Apart Messengers, who went with me and showed me all the secrets, about that Son of Man, who He was, and from where He was, and why he went with the Head of Days.
  • 46.3 And he answered me, and said to me: "This is the Son of Man who has Righteousness and with whom Righteousness dwells. He will reveal all the treasures of that which is secret, for the Sovereign of Spirits has Chosen Him, and through Uprightness His lot has surpassed all others, in front of the Sovereign of Spirits, forever.
  • 48.7 But the wisdom of the Sovereign of Spirits has revealed Him to the Set-Apart and the Righteous, for He has kept safe the lot of the Righteous, for they have hated and rejected this world of iniquity. And all its works and its ways they have hated in the Name of the Sovereign of Spirits. For in His Name they are saved and He is the One who will require their lives.
  • 61.13 For great is the mercy of the Sovereign of Spirits, and He is long-suffering; and all His works and all His forces, as many as He has made, He has revealed to the Righteous and the Chosen, in the Name of the Sovereign of Spirits.

• 62.7 For from the beginning that Son of Man was hidden, and the Most High kept Him in the presence of His power, and revealed him only to the Chosen.
No secrets get revealed except to His Chosen.

That's nice. :rolleyes:

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
Probably because it takes too long to say "He who causes to become"
That's only the meaning of the Name. All Hebrew names have meaning. They don't go around calling their brethren by the meaning. They already know the meaning which is reveal by the parents and for foreigner to disrespect another's culture is very wrong.

nasheayahu

Natsariym of Yah'usha
Ok i offer the Bible as the documentation for the use of the word God. As not being a name but what God is. :)

That's only its use, but it doesn't define the sound/name/word of "God/god". This is a Germanic word and one of its root etymology uses is, "to call" or "to invoke" something. So there must be a reason why it was mistranslated because there is no Hebrew connection. The Christians use it to point to a Deity, but that's the modern use of the word. This only causes confusion and deception because they are worshipping a Deity that doesn't exist and has no origin like other Deities like Zeus of the Greeks. This is an established Deity of a culture. Same as Ra of the Egyptians. Yahuah is the established Name of the Hebrews.

Last edited:

Adstar

That's only its use, but it doesn't define the sound/name/word of "God/god". This is a Germanic word and one of its root etymology uses it, "to call" or "to invoke" something. So there must be a reason why in was mistranslated because there is no Hebrew connection. The Christians use it to point to a Deity, but that's the modern use of the word. This only causes confusion and deception because they are worshipping a Deity that doesn't exist and has no origin like other Deities like Zeus of the Greeks. This is an established Deity of a culture. Same as Ra of the Egyptians. Yahuah is the established Name of the Hebrews.

It does not matter if it is a German name. The Word of God can be translated into any language and is acceptable to the LORD. God said He would speak to people in other languages.. Since He said He was going to do that then His titles must be acceptable translated into other languages other then Hebrew.

Isaiah 28:
11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will He speak to this people.

J = French theater love sound,
e = Indo study of words using vowels,
ho - is a "who" (the "w" is a double "u" as in "uu"; the long vowel) sound, not "hole",
v = German sound; not Hebrew = spoken by the descendants of the House of Yahudah born among the Gemanic clan the Ashkenazi. Has a "vah" sound.
ah = Hebrew sound.

removing all foreign influence of His Name and Understanding the name Yahudah; you will get His proper pronouncing Name as Yahuah; Ya - hoo - ah. One continuous breath.

Yahweh,Yehowah,Jehovah.YHVH.All the same GOD.

DayRaven

Beyond the wall
God was originally an IE past-participle of a verb *ghu-to-m meaning "to invoke" or "to pour" (the former meaning being the more likely). It was neuter in origin in all archaic Germanic languages. The change to masculine gender of the word comes about after the conversion to Christianity specifically to separate it from pagan practise.

There were a number of words used in Germanic languages to refer to the divine, all of these (including god) were usually used in the plural. God differed because it could also be used naturally in the singular and not be linked to a specific pagan deity (unlike Tyr).

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
Doesn't matter, your responding to a Christian belief and coined Deity in which they made up and have millions of people following there deception.
No, it's not a "coined deity." Nor is it a "deception." English Xtians adhere to the Abrahamic God, whose name is unpronounceable. You'll find that, even English-speaking Jews use the term.