• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

No Rocky Horror Picture Show in Florida

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
A bill that would ban teenagers under 18 from seeing The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hair, and other musicals is in the Florida legislature. When I was in high school, and say about 16 years old, we had great fun at midnight showings of Rocky Horror, and it did me no harm. These busybodies annoy me.
Read more here: Florida Is Banning The Biggest Cult Movie Of All Time
It's a shame. I love the Rocky Horror show and saw it live on stage when I was a teen.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
A bill that would ban teenagers under 18 from seeing The Rocky Horror Picture Show, Hair, and other musicals is in the Florida legislature. When I was in high school, and say about 16 years old, we had great fun at midnight showings of Rocky Horror, and it did me no harm. These busybodies annoy me.
Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert too?

BTW, I'm disappointed that I couldn't find
any internet pix of DeSantis dressed up
as Dr Frankenfurter.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
This makes you "woke" by conservative standards. Surely you understand by now how stupid this sudden witchhunt for drag queens really is.
Bugs Bunny dressed in drag, too. Boomers grew up watching it.
It's why i feel it needs to be taken on an individual basis.

It should be age appropriate depending on the participants.

Reading stories while in dress up isn't a bad thing for me, it's rather harmless, but straddling children or twerking in front of them isn't appropriate for an early age, so there needs to be some discretion and common sense.

Sense and sensibility ought to be the mantra.

Heyo

Veteran Member
Florida is really working hard to retain the label "craziest state of the Union".

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Florida is really working hard to retain the label "craziest state of the Union".
And Republicans are working hard to jettison that
old staid image of the "party of small government".
Their new slogan....
"Never met a (backwards) regulation we didn't like"
"Let the power of government's authority over us blossom."

Heyo

Veteran Member
And Republicans are working hard to jettison that
old staid image of the "party of small government".
Their new slogan....
"Never met a (backwards) regulation we didn't like"
"Let the power of government's authority over us blossom."
They also used to be thought of as "fiscally responsible" (long debunked), tough on crime (now rallying behind a career criminal) and pro business (deSantis now against one of the biggest corporations in his state). The last one will be deSantis' demise and the GOP's if they keep acting against their donors' interests in their culture war battle frenzy.