• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Exaltist Ethan

Bridging the Gap Between Believers and Skeptics
Hello everybody of RF. One of the persons in the Discord server I am on showed me a website, Robot Streamer, and I've decided that every night, between the time I go to bed to when I wake up, I'm going to have my laptop stream shuffled music from one of my Spotify playlists. The music is mostly pop and rock from just about every decade music has been popular. The schedule will be from 10 PM to 10 AM Central Time every night, just before I go to bed. This particular playlist has all kinds of music I really enjoy and I like the fact that there's so much variety on it. Since I have Spotify Premium there are no commercials. There's also no video, it's just audio of the music and a picture of the playlist art. If any of you are interested in listening I will have links below to both the public playlist I curated several months ago that is what might be played during this time and a link to the actual stream itself. If I can get at least one other person to listen with me every night, I'll keep this going as long as I can every night.

This is the Spotify playlist I curated and where the songs come from: Ten Scrobbles or More

This is the Robot Streamer website which will be live every night from 10 PM to 10 AM CST: RobotStreamer

Enjoy!

kadzbiz

Is there a reason you want music playing all night while you sleep? And just be mindful if you're using earbud type headphones, as your ears may get a bit clogged up over time. I found that an issue with earplugs when I worked nightshifts. I discovered ears need to "breathe". Enjoy.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I have found that music keeps me awake at night. It makes my sleep restless. I prefer white noise, no sound or maybe night sounds. That's it.

Exaltist Ethan

Is there a reason you want music playing all night while you sleep? And just be mindful if you're using earbud type headphones, as your ears may get a bit clogged up over time. I found that an issue with earplugs when I worked nightshifts. I discovered ears need to "breathe". Enjoy.
I'm actually using an Echo Show 5 to listen to the music. I find earbuds unbearably uncomfortable for me. Even my headphones are over the ear type, nothing goes inside my ears. As for your question, I really like the playlist I'm using and enjoy drifting off while listening to it.

I have found that music keeps me awake at night. It makes my sleep restless. I prefer white noise, no sound or maybe night sounds. That's it.
I listen to music so often I find it really easy to tune it out if it's at half-volume or quieter. And during the night I have it at about 1/3 volume on my Echo Show. What's interesting is sometimes during my dreams I can hear the music playing in my dream, during my REM cycles.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm actually using an Echo Show 5 to listen to the music. I find earbuds unbearably uncomfortable for me. Even my headphones are over the ear type, nothing goes inside my ears.

I listen to music so often I find it really easy to tune it out if it's at half-volume or quieter. And during the night I have it at about 1/3 volume on my Echo Show. What's interesting is sometimes during my dreams I can hear the music playing in my dream, during my REM cycles.
That sounds fine for you but sleep is very individual. I actually prefer no noise or music when I'm sleeping.

Exaltist Ethan

That sounds fine for you but sleep is very individual. I actually prefer no noise or music when I'm sleeping.
That's fine. The initial thread post included a link to the Spotify playlist and if you're at all interested you can look through it and maybe listen to it while you're not sleeping. And I don't know what time zone you're in. If you are European or Asian my nights are your days, and you might be able to listen to the stream while I'm playing it. Otherwise, the playlist will always be provided for those curious of my music tastes. If that doesn't interest you, then, maybe you shouldn't have post in this thread. :shrug:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I'm privy to white noise as well. A lot of times the ambience from my games work as well.