• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Night of Power (how long is it and what happened)?

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Did the disbelievers at the time of Muhammad ever say, "why we do not see our Lord"?
Did they expect to see their Lord?

Then why this verse is saying "why we do not see our Lord"?

Notice this part of the verse, 21:

"...why do we not see our Lord?.."

It seems to me that, this verse, must be a prophecy of what will happen on the Judgement Day, rather than an event, that happend at the time of Muhammad.

Prophet in the Hadith of Abu Huraira said:
"...Allah will come to them and say, 'I am Your Lord.' They will say, 'We shall stay in this place (we shall cling to our traditional beliefs and dogmas) till our Lord comes to us and when our Lord will come, we will recognize Him..." -Sahih Bukhari 1:770

it can mean that, when it is announced to them that, it is the Judgement Day, they say "why then we do not see our Lord and the Angels"!!!

It is because, they are arrogant, and thus they cannot recognize the Qaim, as "their Lord", and His companions as "the Angels".

The next verse says, on that Day, they see the Angels (the companions of the Qaim), but they are kept away from entering Paradis.
"seeing" in this instance, is physically seeing the companions, but does not mean, they recognize them as Angels.

remember, before I showed you, the verse, that, the number of Angels are 19.

"It is overseen by nineteen ˹keepers˺. We have appointed only angels to be wardens of the Fire, and their number have We made to be a stumbling-block for those who disbelieve; that those to whom the Scripture hath been given may have certainty, and that believers may increase in faith; and that those to whom the Scripture hath been given and believers may not doubt; and that those in whose hearts there is disease, and disbelievers, may say: What meaneth Allah by this similitude? Thus Allah sendeth astray whom He will, and whom He will He guideth. None knoweth the hosts of thy Lord save Him. This is naught else than a Reminder unto mortals" Quran 74:30-31

if you continue reading Surrah 34, you will see, these verses are about the even at the time of Qaim.
Did the disbelievers at the time of Muhammad ever say, "why we do not see our Lord"?
Did they expect to see their Lord?

Then why this verse is saying "why we do not see our Lord"?

Notice this part of the verse, 21:

"...why do we not see our Lord?.."

It seems to me that, this verse, must be a prophecy of what will happen on the Judgement Day, rather than an event, that happend at the time of Muhammad.

Prophet in the Hadith of Abu Huraira said:
"...Allah will come to them and say, 'I am Your Lord.' They will say, 'We shall stay in this place (we shall cling to our traditional beliefs and dogmas) till our Lord comes to us and when our Lord will come, we will recognize Him..." -Sahih Bukhari 1:770

it can mean that, when it is announced to them that, it is the Judgement Day, they say "why then we do not see our Lord and the Angels"!!!

It is because, they are arrogant, and thus they cannot recognize the Qaim, as "their Lord", and His companions as "the Angels".

The next verse says, on that Day, they see the Angels (the companions of the Qaim), but they are kept away from entering Paradis.
"seeing" in this instance, is physically seeing the companions, but does not mean, they recognize them as Angels.

remember, before I showed you, the verse, that, the number of Angels are 19.

"It is overseen by nineteen ˹keepers˺. We have appointed only angels to be wardens of the Fire, and their number have We made to be a stumbling-block for those who disbelieve; that those to whom the Scripture hath been given may have certainty, and that believers may increase in faith; and that those to whom the Scripture hath been given and believers may not doubt; and that those in whose hearts there is disease, and disbelievers, may say: What meaneth Allah by this similitude? Thus Allah sendeth astray whom He will, and whom He will He guideth. None knoweth the hosts of thy Lord save Him. This is naught else than a Reminder unto mortals" Quran 74:30-31

if you continue reading Surrah 34, you will see, these verses are about the even at the time of Qaim.
This making it contextually inconsistent. It's absurd to speak like that. The first part you say is about recognition, then the verse that follows is about physically seeing. This is playing with language and not letting it be natural.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Then, how do you explain, Angel Gabriel that came to earth, in the Cave and talked to Muhammad?

This verse is rejecting the belief in Angels, the way, they believed in particular way. They imagined that, Angels are two-wing creatures who are female. Their belief is challenged by the Quran.

Then, what relation is between verse 16, with verse after it:

"Whenever one of them is given the good news of what they attribute to the Most Compassionate, his face grows gloomy, as he suppresses his rage." 43:17

Let's look at these verses in consecutive order, not backward.

إِنْ هُوَ إِلَّا عَبْدٌ أَنْعَمْنَا عَلَيْهِ وَجَعَلْنَاهُ مَثَلًا لِبَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ | He was only a servant whom We favored upon and made an exemplar for the Children of Israel. | Az-Zukhruf : 59

وَلَوْ نَشَاءُ لَجَعَلْنَا مِنْكُمْ مَلَائِكَةً فِي الْأَرْضِ يَخْلُفُونَ | Had We wished We would put Angels from you in the earth are rulers/representatives/successors| Az-Zukhruf : 60

Verse 60, seems to say, if God wanted Christians and Christianity to be the everlasting Faith on earth, God would have put the Angels the Christians believe in, as Rulers on earth. It does not imply that, Jesus could not be an Angel. I think, You are reading more than what it is saying.
Your strategy to Isolate verses instead of seeing them all together is the way you deceive yourself. But to everyone (non-Muslims included) reading these verses, it's clear.

The fact you guys have weird interpretations that non-Muslims never get when reading the Quran speaks volumes of your falsehood.

I'm not reading into it too much, it's the natural way to see it, that it's saying Jesus (a) is not an Angel. It's implied.

Also, it's verified by other verses such as this one:

وَلَا أَقُولُ لَكُمْ عِنْدِي خَزَائِنُ اللَّهِ وَلَا أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ وَلَا أَقُولُ إِنِّي مَلَكٌ وَلَا أَقُولُ لِلَّذِينَ تَزْدَرِي أَعْيُنُكُمْ لَنْ يُؤْتِيَهُمُ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا ۖ اللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا فِي أَنْفُسِهِمْ ۖ إِنِّي إِذًا لَمِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ | I do not say to you that I possess the treasuries of Allah, neither do I know the Unseen. I do not claim to be an angel, neither do I say of those who are despicable in your eyes that Allah will not grant them any good—Allah knows best what is in their hearts—for then I would indeed be a wrongdoer.’ | Hud : 31

InvestigateTruth

This making it contextually inconsistent. It's absurd to speak like that. The first part you say is about recognition, then the verse that follows is about physically seeing. This is playing with language and not letting it be natural.
It is not playing language.

what you are missing, is, in many instances, the language of the Quran, is "Allusions". All this time, I tried my best to show you, why, Quran speaks in allusions.
but, you either do not understand what I am trying to show you, or, you just don't believe it.

Beside this, I tried showing you that, the Prophecies regarding Muhammad in the Bible are also Allusions and Metaphors. Likewise the Prophecies regarding 12 Imams are also allusions.

One who does not want to accept, God has given them a choice to reject, by revealing these prophecies in a language that is not explicit. I don't even know if you understand what I mean here.

To me it is very clear. If it is not to you, so be it.

Beside this, you seem to conveniently ignore many questions I have been asking you in this thread or other threads. If you have better answer to those questions, let's see. I will then accept your belief.
If you are serious, go back and read my posts, and everytime, I asked a question, try answering it, with Quran and Hadith, Not from imagination. Show that your beliefs are consistent and holds up.

InvestigateTruth

Your strategy to Isolate verses instead of seeing them all together is the way you deceive yourself. But to everyone (non-Muslims included) reading these verses, it's clear.

The fact you guys have weird interpretations that non-Muslims never get when reading the Quran speaks volumes of your falsehood.

I'm not reading into it too much, it's the natural way to see it, that it's saying Jesus (a) is not an Angel. It's implied.

Also, it's verified by other verses such as this one:

وَلَا أَقُولُ لَكُمْ عِنْدِي خَزَائِنُ اللَّهِ وَلَا أَعْلَمُ الْغَيْبَ وَلَا أَقُولُ إِنِّي مَلَكٌ وَلَا أَقُولُ لِلَّذِينَ تَزْدَرِي أَعْيُنُكُمْ لَنْ يُؤْتِيَهُمُ اللَّهُ خَيْرًا ۖ اللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ بِمَا فِي أَنْفُسِهِمْ ۖ إِنِّي إِذًا لَمِنَ الظَّالِمِينَ | I do not say to you that I possess the treasuries of Allah, neither do I know the Unseen. I do not claim to be an angel, neither do I say of those who are despicable in your eyes that Allah will not grant them any good—Allah knows best what is in their hearts—for then I would indeed be a wrongdoer.’ | Hud : 31

Dude, you are reading verse Hud:31 out of context.

Read from earlier verse:

The disbelieving chiefs of his people said, “We see you only as a human being like ourselves, and we see that no one follows you except the lowliest among us, who do so ˹hastily˺ without thinking. We do not see anything that makes ˹all of˺ you any better than us. In fact, we think you are liars.” Hud:27

This is what disbelievers told Noah. The argument was, that, you are only a human being, how can you claim you know better than us.

To their objections, Noah humbly answers:

"I do not say to you that I possess Allah’s treasuries or know the unseen, nor do I claim to be an angel, nor do I say that Allah will never grant goodness to those you look down upon. Allah knows best what is ˹hidden˺ within them. ˹If I did,˺ then I would truly be one of the wrongdoers.”

None of the Prophets directly ever claimed to be an angel. I dont know what point you are making here.

Notice that, for example Muhammad says, He is a human like others, and at the same time there are verses in Quran, and Hadith, that, there is no difference between Him and God. Likewise there are Hadithes, that Muhammad was a light that even existed before Adam. How can both of these be true?

When the prophets say that they are a human only, or they are not angel, they are talking about their natural body, Not their spiritual and heavenly station. That angelic station, is their spirituality. They did not want to explicitly reveal their station to all people, due to a Wisdom.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yes no prophets said they are angels however bahallah said all chosen ones are angels showing he contradicted all of them and Quran.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Dude, you are reading verse Hud:31 out of context

None of the Prophets directly ever claimed to be an angel. I dont know what point you are making
Not reading out of context. Tired of your games I’m going to be blocking you. You are tiresome and the most dishonest person I ever met online.