• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New York Times: "Trump allies put pressure on him to concede"

Nimos

Denial, and Resignation, From Trump and a Handful of Aides

Heads up - I put it in a non-debate area. I thought it an interesting article but I don't have debate points to put forth.
I think he is going to try to get himself pardon somehow, so he can't be prosecuted for whatever "crimes" he might have committed or so they can't investigate his businesses.

But as it is now, it doesn't reflect good on the republicans, who are supporting what he is doing, they ought to be the first people standing out there, yelling for him to pull it together. It is embarrassing to watch a country, which talk and value democracy as much as the US claim to be doing, putting up with a president that act the way he does.

Last edited:

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
But as it is now, it doesn't reflect good on the republicans, who are supporting what he is doing, ...
Nothing would or could "reflect good on the republicans" save for an abject apology for four years of the most despicable complicity, and even here such an apology should be dismissed as yet another lie unless and until proven otherwise.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
It would be nice if he admitted defeat but I'm not holding my breath. I'd even accept Biden pardoning him if he left quietly and did not obstruct the transition. I just want it to be finally over.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Democrats are once again hesitant to share the blame as to why Trump even ran without pay in the first place.