• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New temple in Atlanta

Booko

Deviled Hen
*** MOD POST ***

This is DIR Hinduism. Please do not debate here.

If you want to debate, please start a thread in Same Faith Debates.

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!
Atlanta, GA: August 16 to 30, 2007
06.jpg

Atlanta Murti Pratishtha Video

Murti Pics

Smoke

Done here.
That's a remarkably beautiful building, and I'd like to visit it.

I've read the rules of decorum, but what about visiting during services? Are visitors welcome during services? How should one conduct oneself when visiting a mandir during services?

Hema

Sweet n Spicy

I've read the rules of decorum, but what about visiting during services? Are visitors welcome during services? How should one conduct oneself when visiting a mandir during services?

Most mandirs require you to take off your shoes...some require that you don't wear anything sleeveless. Meat and alcohol would be prohibitted on the compound. Some mandirs also do not allow eating inside. Also, don't talk too much while the service is going on...but I guess this would be the case with almost any religious gathering. :D If you feel like clapping along with others when there is chanting you can go ahead. :)

mahesh

All emples are nice especially if they are marble carved. But when it comes to truth as to whether they are following the orthodox rules prescribed for the sect, one should read scriptures. Most temples within BAPS are devoid of Swaminarayan Bhagwans teachings. That they are doing what they please and not what Bhagwan Swaminarayan asked His devotees to follow.

mahesh

Well then. Like you said "it wasnt debating itself".Whats it to you if someone replies to me or not?

celina

Swaminarayan is GOD!

just go with someone. if you're going when there are services, then you'd be considered a devotee, just follow along with everyone else. :yes: