• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New heaven and new earth

J FREAK

Rev 21:1 THEN I saw a new sky (heaven) and a new earth, for the former sky and the former earth had passed away (vanished), and there no longer existed any sea. [Isa. 65:17; 66:22.]
Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, all arrayed like a bride beautified and adorned for her husband;
Rev 21:3 Then I heard a mighty voice from the throne and I perceived its distinct words, saying, See! The abode of God is with men, and He will live (encamp, tent) among them; and they shall be His people, and God shall personally be with them and be their God. [Ezek. 37:27.]
Rev 21:4 God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning) nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away. [Isa. 25:8; 35:10.]
Rev 21:5 And He Who is seated on the throne said, See! I make all things new. Also He said, Record this, for these sayings are faithful (accurate, incorruptible, and trustworthy) and true (genuine). [Isa. 43:19.]

If this should happen in our lifetime, how will it be explained.
Scientifically or biologicaly what need to happen for the earth and night sky to be considered new ?

And us humans, what changes do you think need to take place in avery short period of time. Sort of an "evolutionary turbo boost" - if you believe in nonsense like that.

I will appreciate you input.....)(

Baydwin

If the planet suddenly altered completely in appearance and a city descended from the clouds, I suppose the only non-religious explanation could be that aliens were terraforming the Earth to suit their purposes and the city was their starship.

It's not going to happen so I wouldn't worry about it.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
If in your life time you shrunk and turned into a butterfly have you metamorphised?
If your head turns into a shrubbery inhabited by elephants would we have a flat earth?

Cheers

dust1n

Zindīq
Rev 21:1 THEN I saw a new sky (heaven) and a new earth, for the former sky and the former earth had passed away (vanished), and there no longer existed any sea. [Isa. 65:17; 66:22.]
Rev 21:2 And I saw the holy city, the new Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, all arrayed like a bride beautified and adorned for her husband;
Rev 21:3 Then I heard a mighty voice from the throne and I perceived its distinct words, saying, See! The abode of God is with men, and He will live (encamp, tent) among them; and they shall be His people, and God shall personally be with them and be their God. [Ezek. 37:27.]
Rev 21:4 God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning) nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away. [Isa. 25:8; 35:10.]
Rev 21:5 And He Who is seated on the throne said, See! I make all things new. Also He said, Record this, for these sayings are faithful (accurate, incorruptible, and trustworthy) and true (genuine). [Isa. 43:19.]

I would image people would say, "God did it!", especially since he would be talking to us/you, and then someone would bring up these scriptures that you just brought up.

Scientifically or biologicaly what need to happen for the earth and night sky to be considered new ?

Well, technically, the earth and the 'sky' (whether that means the atmosphere or space) have always been changing... so to answer you question, anything that changed on the earth or the sky would make them new.

And us humans, what changes do you think need to take place in avery short period of time. Sort of an "evolutionary turbo boost" - if you believe in nonsense like that.

The scriptures indicate humans would be sorrowless... I don't know if you are calling evolution nonsense, or an "evolutionary turbo boost" non-sense, but even the turbo boost I can imagine before a replica of Jerusalem falling from the sky and then... well it doesn't really say.. I guess just floats there in the sky?

Don't mention it.

John D

Spiritsurfer

Already happening - humans call it Evolution. We will "develop" till we kill ourselves and the people like those who are allergic to certain modern medicines ,msg's, and stuff like that will survive.
The day when north become south - the sky will be new - a new astronomy science will proberly be born. The same time land and sea could change places and a new "Atlantis" Legend will be born. And Maybe Barak Obama will become the new "egyptian lord of the underworld".
All religion will at long last be dead!:clap
And a new creation vs Evolution debate will begin again.

Heneni

Miss Independent
A new heaven and a new earth means exactly that. A new one. This earth will be destroyed by fire and the elements will melt. Maybe god will make a new one out of the old one. I think he did that already at least two times before.

Man of Faith

It won't happen until the old earth has passed away and all its inhabitants. This is the eternal home for Christians only a new earth with a new eternal body. There will be no need to explain anything, those going there will already know what it is, those not going there will know why.

LittleNipper

rev 21:1 then i saw a new sky (heaven) and a new earth, for the former sky and the former earth had passed away (vanished), and there no longer existed any sea. [isa. 65:17; 66:22.]
rev 21:2 and i saw the holy city, the new jerusalem, descending out of heaven from god, all arrayed like a bride beautified and adorned for her husband;
rev 21:3 then i heard a mighty voice from the throne and i perceived its distinct words, saying, see! The abode of god is with men, and he will live (encamp, tent) among them; and they shall be his people, and god shall personally be with them and be their god. [ezek. 37:27.]
rev 21:4 god will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and death shall be no more, neither shall there be anguish (sorrow and mourning) nor grief nor pain any more, for the old conditions and the former order of things have passed away. [isa. 25:8; 35:10.]
rev 21:5 and he who is seated on the throne said, see! I make all things new. Also he said, record this, for these sayings are faithful (accurate, incorruptible, and trustworthy) and true (genuine). [isa. 43:19.]

if this should happen in our lifetime, how will it be explained.
scientifically or biologicaly what need to happen for the earth and night sky to be considered new ?

replaced

no-body

A mystical non-literal view is that John is talking about a new way to see the world when we accept the Christ into our hearts. Enlightenment will lead to a dissolution of our old (view) world.

Man of Faith

A mystical non-literal view is that John is talking about a new way to see the world when we accept the Christ into our hearts. Enlightenment will lead to a dissolution of our old (view) world.

Let us know when you enlignten the sea away. ;)