• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New form of the golden rule

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Do you guys like this rule? I just thought of it.

"Describing things is the surest way to help people make choices."

I just thought it was general and helpful. Do you agree?

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
That's interesting that you say that, and I see you have a huge rating per your number of messages. When I want to make a choice and something whispers to me what to do I always interpret it one way, the natural way, but that doesn't mean it didn't influence me. Informing me lets me make my own choice based on the information I needed. You can think of the information as food and activity as what you do with its energy. Striving for personal integrity is a non-oral describing of things (an example though we should not do it for our own ego) and people always do chose by how they are made at the moment.

If I want to make a choice where other people will give me consequences, wouldn't I want to hear from them too? Then naturally I think if you have a stake in someone's decision, informing them will help them know what will happen and then they can apply their own rules. Even if you don't have a stake, whatever you say will have truth to it; information is informative no matter how much dishonesty.

Did that help you decide about this golden rule form proportionally to how well I explained it? Was my second post better than my first because I described things better? If so, my rule is working. If not, my efforts to influence you were in vain and the rule is not true! Or perhaps by informing you of it I influenced you to believe it's not true, thus helping you decide and making it true anyhow!

Your information has also impacted me, which creates a logical paradox because you helped me by describing something but at the same time you were explaining that you weren't trying to help in this way which means it shouldn't have impacted me!

This is getting to complicated so I will leave it here and we can expand it later if this becomes a good thread.