• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Tmac

Yesterday strongly influences how we each begin the new day, no matter how we view life, (I was made for life, life was made for me) but we are not forced (except by fear) to accept yesterday's paradigm. And because of impatience we begin a new day just like yesterday. Now I say if we really believed in God, and that's all really that is important, we can lay aside all that divides us and start anew. I would love to be part of a team that "wants" to be better.

jeager106

Learning more about Jehovah.
Premium Member
Yesterday strongly influences how we each begin the new day, no matter how we view life, (I was made for life, life was made for me) but we are not forced (except by fear) to accept yesterday's paradigm. And because of impatience we begin a new day just like yesterday. Now I say if we really believed in God, and that's all really that is important, we can lay aside all that divides us and start anew. I would love to be part of a team that "wants" to be better.

Years ago I learned that I have the power and willingness to start my day over
any time I want to.
Damned if I'll let some person place or thing control my thoughts and actions.
For instance a resentment over some person, place, or thing, is letting that
LIVE RENT FREE IN MY MIND!
Ain't a gonna do it!

re·sent·ment1
/rəˈzentmənt/

bitter indignation at having been treated unfairly:

" Po' me...po' me,...po' me."

Iz jest a po' lil' black chil', po' lil' white chil', po' lil' girl, po' lil' homosexual, po' lil' straight guy,
po' lil' ..................................................:facepalm::facepalm:
^^^bull puckey. Ain't gonna go there.

Ya'll can do that and waste a day, or week, or year, or LIFETIME, letting some person,
place, or thing live rent free in your mind but I ain't a gonna.

At an A.A. meeting men's meeting long ago a fellow constantly brought up the low life,
dirty rotten, s.o.b. State Patrolman that busted him for d.u.i.
The "victim" whined that the cop cost him lots of money, 3 days in jail, and court ordered
into A.A.
Never mind the cop SAVED HIS LIFE and the LIVES of innocents on the roadway!

jeager106

Premium Member
You mean like sometimes you have breakfast at 2:00 in the afternoon?

^^^ that works.

As a free moral agent I can do whatever I want.
Consequences, however, are unavoidable.
I am free to drink and drug myself into oblivion.
Free to eat myself into obesity and blame it on my genes.
Free to have sex with whomever I please and not worry about aids, or other
s.t.d.'s.
But I am not free from consequences.

Burl

I say if we really believed in God, and that's all really that is important, we can lay aside all that divides us and start anew. I would love to be part of a team that "wants" to be better.
Given all the disputes on the subject, how do we come to an agreement as to exactly what God expects?

Tmac

Given all the disputes on the subject, how do we come to an agreement as to exactly what God expects?
First God loves unconditionally so it has no expectations. We are given life, we can decide what would satisfy the whole but each member of the whole must have input and that input respected equally, we're not going to have peace until everyone is satisfied. The adult puts aside childish things when it thinks toward the future. If we really want peace, are we willing to do what needs to be done?

Tmac

Years ago I learned that I have the power and willingness to start my day over
any time I want to.
Damned if I'll let some person place or thing control my thoughts and actions.
For instance a resentment over some person, place, or thing, is letting that
LIVE RENT FREE IN MY MIND!
Ain't a gonna do it!

re·sent·ment1
/rəˈzentmənt/

bitter indignation at having been treated unfairly:

" Po' me...po' me,...po' me."

Iz jest a po' lil' black chil', po' lil' white chil', po' lil' girl, po' lil' homosexual, po' lil' straight guy,
po' lil' ..................................................:facepalm::facepalm:
^^^bull puckey. Ain't gonna go there.

Ya'll can do that and waste a day, or week, or year, or LIFETIME, letting some person,
place, or thing live rent free in your mind but I ain't a gonna.

At an A.A. meeting men's meeting long ago a fellow constantly brought up the low life,
dirty rotten, s.o.b. State Patrolman that busted him for d.u.i.
The "victim" whined that the cop cost him lots of money, 3 days in jail, and court ordered
into A.A.
Never mind the cop SAVED HIS LIFE and the LIVES of innocents on the roadway!

Tmac

Basically I think you understand that you can pick and choose which thoughts you wish to energize, is that all you were trying to show me in your response?

jeager106

Premium Member
Basically I think you understand that you can pick and choose which thoughts you wish to energize, is that all you were trying to show me in your response?

Yup, that'll work just fine.

We can choose our thought unless we suffer from some mental/emotional malady.
As to what exactly God expects I haven't a clue.
I have a pretty sound idea however.

Tmac

Yup, that'll work just fine.

We can choose our thought unless we suffer from some mental/emotional malady.
As to what exactly God expects I haven't a clue.
I have a pretty sound idea however.
I am only assuming that you believe in some kind of God, does your God love/give unconditionally, if so why would it expect? (Why would you think the process differs for those suffering from a mental/emotional malady?)

jeager106

Premium Member
I am only assuming that you believe in some kind of God, does your God love/give unconditionally, if so why would it expect? (Why would you think the process differs for those suffering from a mental/emotional malady?)

(Why would you think the process differs for those suffering from a mental/emotional malady?)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, could it be because they suffer from a mental/emotional
malady that interferes with clear thought maybe?
I've had considerable dealings with mentally ill and many talk openly to god in public.
Those unfortunates cannot make good decisions you see.
I.E. some do really bad things when "god" tell them to.
Get it now?

Tmac

(Why would you think the process differs for those suffering from a mental/emotional malady?)

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, could it be because they suffer from a mental/emotional
malady that interferes with clear thought maybe?
I've had considerable dealings with mentally ill and many talk openly to god in public.
Those unfortunates cannot make good decisions you see.
I.E. some do really bad things when "god" tell them to.
Get it now?
I guess sarcasm has its place. Perhaps you should have read my comment, the process is the same, it doesn't matter where one thinks the data is coming from. And from the way I see it all these "good" decisions that are being made by all those that are not suffering from mental/emotional maladies don't seem to be making things much better for all. So now you think that if someone talks openly with God they are mentally ill? You might check to see if you a have issues with superiority.

jeager106

Premium Member
I guess sarcasm has its place. Perhaps you should have read my comment, the process is the same, it doesn't matter where one thinks the data is coming from. And from the way I see it all these "good" decisions that are being made by all those that are not suffering from mental/emotional maladies don't seem to be making things much better for all. So now you think that if someone talks openly with God they are mentally ill? You might check to see if you a have issues with superiority.

I think that a person that walks the streets at 2 a.m. in nothing but underwear
just might have mental health issues.
It was MY JOB to get them that help and get them off the streets for their own
protection.
I took them to the nearest E.R. and a doctor evaluated them.
Perhaps you shouldn't draw conclusions about others based on a few electrons
on your screen.

Burl

if we really believed in God, and that's all really that is important, we can lay aside all that divides us and start anew.
If we take ONE THING from everything that we hear that God wants, and try to live it, we might try to treat our neighbors in the way we would like to be treated.

Even that ONE THING can be different between one person and another. Personally I don't believe in taking people to court because I sure don't want to be sued and so far that's working out for me. I don't believe in solving problems with violence, and that makes me a wimp in the eyes of people who believe that force is necessary in some instances, but hey the people who believe in force can reap what they sow, then who's to blame? Perhaps that's why Jesus said you have to hate your parents so that we're not tempted to protect our loved ones by the use of force and subsequently fall into the category of cannon fodder for a stronger force.

Tmac

I think that a person that walks the streets at 2 a.m. in nothing but underwear
just might have mental health issues.
It was MY JOB to get them that help and get them off the streets for their own
protection.
I took them to the nearest E.R. and a doctor evaluated them.
Perhaps you shouldn't draw conclusions about others based on a few electrons
on your screen.
I don't know how it happened but some how you have made this about you and I and nothing about the original statement.

Tmac

If we take ONE THING from everything that we hear that God wants, and try to live it, we might try to treat our neighbors in the way we would like to be treated.

Even that ONE THING can be different between one person and another. Personally I don't believe in taking people to court because I sure don't want to be sued and so far that's working out for me. I don't believe in solving problems with violence, and that makes me a wimp in the eyes of people who believe that force is necessary in some instances, but hey the people who believe in force can reap what they sow, then who's to blame? Perhaps that's why Jesus said you have to hate your parents so that we're not tempted to protect our loved ones by the use of force and subsequently fall into the category of cannon fodder for a stronger force.
We obviously have different Gods as mine loves/gives unconditionally and therefore does not want. This is a good example of how far apart humanity is in its beliefs. Do you want to establish an idea that satisfies both of us. The idea is not to look at others to see ourselves but to look at ourselves directly. Are you the best (all) you can be, if not, why not. (BTW, Jesus said hate your parents? I don't think so, he might have said, oppose/question what they teach and how they behave, never hate a brother or sister.)

Burl

1./ Perhaps we can begin with the agreement that God is a supportive element within the matrix wherein children play.

2./ And then agree that variety in evolution creates a closer proximity to a state of Happiness.

3./And then agree some more on how the ego separates us from unselfishness.

4./ And then conclude that God ultimately becomes the adversary to our happiness.

Tmac

1./ Perhaps we can begin with the agreement that God is a supportive element within the matrix wherein children play.

2./ And then agree that variety in evolution creates a closer proximity to a state of Happiness.

3./And then agree some more on how the ego separates us from unselfishness.

4./ And then conclude that God ultimately becomes the adversary to our happiness.
Alright, In order for me to agree with #1 would need to change the words to God (whatever that is, we haven't established that yet) is that which sustains us and the existence we create.