• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New, but already made several replies

jah59

Sorry for getting things out of order. I came here and immediately started a couple of debates. Anyway, I'm a devout Christian in Memphis, TN looking to help others who are spiritually confused and share my knowledge of the Bible. The end of this year will make the 17th time for me reading it from cover to cover. I don't say this to brag, just to let everyone know what a joy it is to pour over the scripture each year as I have. This is by know means something one must do to be saved but it is a safeguard against false teachings and to have a clear "big picture". The idea is to become so familiar with Scripture that false teaching sticks out like a sore thumb when encountered. How can anyone possibly be sure they're not just believing what they're told if they never read it in entirety for themselves?

Acim

Revelation all the time
Welcome to RF.

Your words inspired me to post this (song lyric)

Yes the answer lies within,
so why not take a look now,
kick out the devil's sin,
pick up, pick up a good book now, ooh

Firstborner

Sorry for getting things out of order. I came here and immediately started a couple of debates. Anyway, I'm a devout Christian in Memphis, TN looking to help others who are spiritually confused and share my knowledge of the Bible. The end of this year will make the 17th time for me reading it from cover to cover. I don't say this to brag, just to let everyone know what a joy it is to pour over the scripture each year as I have. This is by know means something one must do to be saved but it is a safeguard against false teachings and to have a clear "big picture". The idea is to become so familiar with Scripture that false teaching sticks out like a sore thumb when encountered. How can anyone possibly be sure they're not just believing what they're told if they never read it in entirety for themselves?

You are right, the bible is a joy to read. Unsure of how many times I read it through, I am sure it was not as many as 17! The scriptures were habitual dicussion in my family since all my recollection. and the memory of the teachings of Christ have stuck with me even at my lowest times. Welcome to the forums, we may at times cross swords, perhaps even share swords, but always with respect.