• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

New Atomik Vodka

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I'd try some even though vodka isn't my fave hard liquor (I'm more of a rum and tequila guy). It's a gimmick but at least it's for a good cause since they say they'll give 75% of profits to the community. Of course, they only produced one "experimental" bottle so they're not even manufacturing it yet.

Anyway, the next alcohol I plan to try is some 130 proof absinthe. I want to meet the Green Fairy and my Birthday is coming up next month.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I'd try some even though vodka isn't my fave hard liquor (I'm more of a rum and tequila guy). It's a gimmick but at least it's for a good cause since they say they'll give 75% of profits to the community. Of course, they only produced one "experimental" bottle so they're not even manufacturing it yet.

Anyway, the next alcohol I plan to try is some 130 proof absinthe. I want to meet the Green Fairy and my Birthday is coming up next month.

As i understand it the absinthe sold in the US has no thujone. Go good luck meeting the green fairy.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
As i understand it the absinthe sold in the US has no thujone. Go good luck meeting the green fairy.
Yeah, it's restricted in America. Probably won't make a difference, though. The Wikipedia page on it says: "Though it is best known as a chemical compound in the spirit absinthe, it is unlikely to be responsible for absinthe's alleged stimulant and psychoactive effects due to the small quantities present.".

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Yeah, it's restricted in America. Probably won't make a difference, though. The Wikipedia page on it says: "Though it is best known as a chemical compound in the spirit absinthe, it is unlikely to be responsible for absinthe's alleged stimulant and psychoactive effects due to the small quantities present.".

The taste is supposed to be authentic but...

You need wormwood to make real absinthe, but the herb is a tricky one to work with – one of its key compounds, thujone, has long been considered the cause of the drink's supposed side effects: hallucinations, artistic inspiration, degeneracy and homicidal mania.
Barely Legal: American Absinthe Passes the Taste Test

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The taste is supposed to be authentic but...

You need wormwood to make real absinthe, but the herb is a tricky one to work with – one of its key compounds, thujone, has long been considered the cause of the drink's supposed side effects: hallucinations, artistic inspiration, degeneracy and homicidal mania.
Barely Legal: American Absinthe Passes the Taste Test
That's the absinthe that I saw in the liquor store and want to try, the one with the wormwood.