• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NetDoc at the Boy Scouts Jamboree

Pah

Uber all member
NetDoc said:
Not 20,000 catfish, Pah... 20,000 POUNDS of catfish. Yes, over 15,000 pounds were caught, with 53% of them being released again. The pond is WAY over stocked and the troops at AP Hill are being encouraged to come and fish it down some more before they remove the bubblers. :D

Check out http://www.bsajamboree.org/jamboreetoday/jt728.php
Aw - I thought the 20,000 pounds were the weeds you pulled out before you stocked it. It was a hot day folks - who knows what I heard. :D

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Who knows what I said? :D

It's all good! Bottom line, I with a few others harvested a garbage truck full of water lillies, and the boys had a really great time catching a load of fish.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not 20,000 catfish, Pah... 20,000 POUNDS of catfish.
Wow..thats alot of fish. I caught a 20 pound catfish once. I couldn't imagine 1000 of those. Did the people who stocked the lake at least get plenty of small ones? Not to wish bad fishing on anyone, but 20,000 pounds of catfish is too much for a small lake.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
You continue to ignore the gorilla in the parlour....

Using a fly and fly rod to catch a ...Ahem, catfish -- well, it's just not done, old chap!

Scuba Pete

You know,

Both Ted Rowgowski and Bob Sousa, world reknowned fly fishers, were astounded at my feat. Both admitted to me that I had accomplished something in one afternoon that niether of them had done in a lifetime. When I asked for an application for induction into the "Fly Fishing Hall of Fame", they only smiled weakly and told that it probably wasn't enough to get me in. :D Fame is so fickle.

BTW, after pulling lilly pads out of the mucky bottom for 3 days there were quite a few who were astounded at my purple feet. :D Though my hands were stained even more... we became the "Clan of the Purple Hand".

BUDDY

User of Aspercreme
Pah said:
We gotta have a convention!!!!
You know...I do work in a hotel. Anyone want to come to Alaska? I plan conventions all the time. If not Alaska, the company I work for has hotels all over the United States. I mean, doing something like this is not entirely out of the question. Just something to think about.

Pah

Uber all member

Scuba Pete

Fishing always require you to use your noodle Pah. It doesn't look good when they out think you! :D