• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nephi's Arrow

SoyLeche

meh...
Why did Nephi need to make an arrow along with his new bow? Presumably they still would have had arrows, it was the bows that were out of commission.

DavyCrocket2003

Why did Nephi need to make an arrow along with his new bow? Presumably they still would have had arrows, it was the bows that were out of commission.

Maybe his old arrows were not a good match for his new bow. They could have been incompatible for some reason. Maybe they were too heavy for a wooden bow or something.

madhatter85

Transhumanist
Maybe his old arrows were not a good match for his new bow. They could have been incompatible for some reason. Maybe they were too heavy for a wooden bow or something.
it is quite possible, some bows require shorter or longer arrows to fire accurately. Could also be that they did run out of arrows or something.

SoyLeche

meh...
Yeah - I'd thought of that, and that's probably the answer. I just had never thought about it before last night when reading it with my 4 year old who is into bows and arrows right now.

What were arrows normally made of in the middle east around 600BC? I guess I've always assumed that arrows were made of wood until aluminum was available...

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
I remember going to a medival recreation village in junior high. One of the guys there was teaching us about bows and arrows. He held up a bow in his right and and said, "This is a bow." Then he held up an arrow in his left, "And this is an arrow." Then he said, about both the bow and arrow, "This is not a bow-'n-arrow."

I'll never forget that.