• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

NeoPagan Satanist

Ravenheart

Seeker
I love the teachings of Anton's Satanic Bible. He does not claim to be the truth, yet he sets an example to every individual wanting to emerge from the darkness of ignorance. I am though a disciple of Druidry, currently atheistic which means I only honour the Earth Mother. But Laveyan Satanism is also atheistic, by law and by creed. Can I be called a Satanic Druid? Does this title explains my beliefs?

ScottySatan

I don't know what you are. Read more, take your time. Post 5 threads or so here in the Satan section and ask again.

Some things to think about for now:

Satanists don't honour anything above themselves.

Not everyone who likes or agrees with LaVey says is a Satanist. Most christians, not knowing where it came from, would agree with a lot of what LaVey said.

Usually, when someone wonders if they are a Satanist, the answer is no.

Orias

Left Hand Path
In the end, atheism and theism are just trinkets for word play, and can lead people for the most part (and like any other label) to misuse and over-abuse for folly debate and irrational separation of mind and critical environment.

I agree with a lot of what LaVey had to offer, though one of the things I picked up on easily was the open minded part, there is no creed or law, just perception.

I also did some research into LaVey adopting a Templar sigil known as the "Baph-omet", which is a compounded word which means "absorption of knowledge"

Last edited:

BlackAce

Satanist
I have practices and rituals that are very Pagan based because I was raised in a tradition of Witchcraft (Non Wiccan) so some might call me a Pagan Satanist I suppose.

Doctor LaVey said to personalize and create your own rituals though in The Satanic Bible that were meaningful to you.

I burn my candles and incense, I sage my apartment before a ritual, I spirit dance, do my contemplation work and creative visualization work, I read, listen to whatever music I happen to be in the mood for, etc, My rituals are what I call spiritual acts despite Satanism's claim to not be a spiritual religion.

I personally think that when someone does a ritual with candles, chanting, bell ringing, dancing and sex that they are doing a spiritual act but that is just my perception of the situation. :)

I have no doubts though that I am indeed a Satanist. I would say that it's ok to honor The Goddess or The Earth/Nature/The Universe (if you are looking at it from the perspective in which I was raised) as long as you put yourself and your own needs and desires FIRST and honoring Nature is something you feel a need to do because it makes you feel good to do it.

Sometimes Satanists have to go through a period of extreme self examination before they realize what they are, I know that if you discover it while in another religion for example, it may take a lot of time and effort to break away from the previously held beliefs and practices, It's not an instant, wow, I am a Satanist, I will stop being a Christian or a Pagan tomorrow, It takes time and reflection to make those later choices.

:) Just keep exploring.

Ace