• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need Help

DoomsEve

Need help starting to learn about norse mythology... Any books, pdf, autiobooks or what not that you guys can point out to me so i can start learning about norse mythology :)

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
Need help starting to learn about norse mythology... Any books, pdf, autiobooks or what not that you guys can point out to me so i can start learning about norse mythology :)
There's a great podcast called "Northern Myths" that goes over all the surviving texts we have in great detail. I'd also recommend Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology

ukok102nak

:smoke: and becaused
presenting at this moment is an all nothing void of singularity with
an absence of light through a untimely truth for everyone to uphold righteousness when taken upright for something supernal such as chances of an instance that would somehow synthesize every thing which are hidden even unto the very line of questioning the unspeakable who asked the fool about
what makes someone think that there is more than meets the eye before the naked truth arrive from the start of its will and testament who beholds every sequence of one
become one ever since the first word is foretold
as it is written

The Kilted Heathen

Crow FreyjasmaðR
Okay... Not sure what that is above...

Neil Gaiman's Norse Mythology is a very good starting point, as it offers a lot of the stories in both the Poetic (Elder) and Prose (Snorri's) Eddur (the plural of Edda). These are the two main compositions of myths and tales that we have of the gods. You can certainly pick up copies of the Poetic and Prose Edda (though I don't really recommend the Prose, as it's heavily Christianized), but they're very heavy to read without a basic understanding of Norse worldviews. Other good books to pick up would be Our Troth (Volumes 1 & 2), Norse Myths: Tales of Odin, Thor and Loki by Kevin Crossley-Holland, and Tales of Norse Mythology (also known as Tales of the Northmen) by Helen A. Guerber.