• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Need help with Blended Path sources

Manoah

I am using the term "Blended Path" from popular culture (I picked it up from YouTubers), but I think it can refer to syncretism, sythesis, multiple belonging, mixing faiths and spiritual practices, etc.

As I am working on a web page with linked sources that have helped me in integrating spiritual ideas from different traditions in my life. Although the page needs to reflect the works that have touched me personally and there is no way the page can contain everything on the subject, I would hate to leave out anything seminal or obviously not to be ignored.

Do you have any suggestions for sources to include? A few parameters:

My particular blend is Perennialism, Christianity, and mysticism but my less than 20 sources also touch on some other things, including a bit of theology from Norse myth.

The top two on my list are The Perennial Philosophy by Aldous Huxely and The Varieties of Religious Experience by William James. I have included links to Buddhist and Hindu scriptures as well as the Tao Te Ching.

The sources would need to be in the public domain, in other words, items I can link through Project Gutenberg or other public internet collections.

Thanks for any suggestions. This is the web page so far: Sources

Audie

Veteran Member
I am using the term "Blended Path" from popular culture (I picked it up from YouTubers), but I think it can refer to syncretism, sythesis, multiple belonging, mixing faiths and spiritual practices, etc.

As I am working on a web page with linked sources that have helped me in integrating spiritual ideas from different traditions in my life. Although the page needs to reflect the works that have touched me personally and there is no way the page can contain everything on the subject, I would hate to leave out anything seminal or obviously not to be ignored.

Do you have any suggestions for sources to include? A few parameters:

My particular blend is Perennialism, Christianity, and mysticism but my less than 20 sources also touch on some other things, including a bit of theology from Norse myth.

The top two on my list are The Perennial Philosophy by Aldous Huxely and The Varieties of Religious Experience by William James. I have included links to Buddhist and Hindu scriptures as well as the Tao Te Ching.

The sources would need to be in the public domain, in other words, items I can link through Project Gutenberg or other public internet collections.

Thanks for any suggestions. This is the web page so far: Sources

Why are you doing this?

Manoah

Hi again, Audie! Good question to ask, and thanks for asking!

According to my material on the website--and I think it's true--the main purpose is to chart the course I have followed over the past few years as I have gone through changes in my "path"--basically my faith and spiritual practice. I am already beginning to forget steps in the transition and I don't want to lose all records of what I have studied and experienced.

I state in some of the materials there that this charting helps me process and remember these changes but could potentially help others who are interested. I know I went through a lot of internet searches as well as other searching, and I benefited from the web pages and videos that I was able to find on the subject of "blended paths."

Take care,

Firemorphic

Activist Membrane
Do you have any suggestions for sources to include?

In terms of more introductory material for people, I'd recommend Frithjof Schuon's "The Transcendent Unity Of Religions"

For what it is, it's a great book exploring both very deep connections between many of the major religions, as we as their differences.

Manoah

Salaam, Firemorphic!

Thanks for sharing this resource. I recently read an article on the oeuvre of Frithjof Schuon and included it in my list: A Sage for the Times. If I can access and link your suggestion, I will plan to include it as well!

I do think we need to see the (1) common ground as well as (2) the different pieces of the puzzle and (3) the different extremes and errors we surely all have. Some of the similar elements are even seen through different filters or faces. The blind men had all three aspects in their comprehension of the elephant!