• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

necromancy ritual

Kapalika

Premium Member
I'm partly curious if people consider this necromancy, and for them what kind of ramifications (both good and bad) they think it might have on me long-term. This felt pretty taboo to me personally, and I kind of just wanted to share my story because I'm not sure how to process it entirely.

I don't want to share any specific details, this was extremely personal for me and I don't think most would understand why I did what I did and I am more just interested about the general concept(s) of what I experienced. I also want to say that before anyone worries, yes I know my zoning laws and took health precautions ect and I did everything right like a good citizen and did this in an appropriate, authorized place.

The actual ritual setup was very tantric in nature. Even though I like to label myself as Left Hand in a Dharmic/Karma context, I actually don't generally like the whole LHP/RHP dichotomy, but in this context what I did was unusual just in general, even towards a typical Hindu LHP mode of worship. But this was all born out of a set of personal circumstances more-so than planned. So I guess that should be kept in mind with my story.

So basically I exhumed a much loved pet and attempted to cremate what (I thought would be) little remained in a small pyre for magical purposes. The pyre was a center piece in a large yantra I drew out. The cremation aspect itself was to attain the bones for various reasons, the main one being to make it easier to summon them later on.

They died on a winter solstice with a new moon, so I figured the super blood moon was perfect to 'bring him home' as they had been expecting to come home once he left to learn/train on their own journey. A kind of 'dark night'/'bright night' duality.

Rain and some other stuff got in the way, so I had to rebury him half cremated and just complete the other parts of the ritual. But I think it worked, because 3 different times already since then I've heard his unique distinctive bark he had in life. I guess it must of worked either way, as I can now call to him/perceive him easier.

This is where I will note that I've *never* heard spirits before as in an actual disembodied noise. This was a new thing. I also felt spiritual ecstasy and kundalini energy at points in the ritual but that I'm experienced with , the hearing things was new. This is really want I want to emphasize from this story.

It was a rather unpleasant experience in many ways, but I think I expanded my magical perceptions from it. I'm still kind of in a tiny bit of shock, because it wasn't exactly as decomposed as I had estimated even after all these months. I don't think I'm going to eat fish anytime soon lol, something I saw reminded me of that. But in fairness, it didn't smell any worse than roadkill.

Otherwise, all I got to say is, if you don't know what your doing, spare yourself the emotional distress and just go to a taxidermist lol.

...but maybe me doing it was why the magic was so potent? In retrospect I would of went the taxidermist route if I could of at the time of death and just do a ritual with the skull as a meditation point. But hindsight is 20/20, eh?

Last edited:

picnic

I don't understand what atheistic mysticism means. I assume it means that you play psychological games with yourself to reach interesting psychological states? If you hear your dog bark in the same way that you hear other things, then that would be a hallucination. Hallucinations are common when grieving for loved ones. Probably if you spend some time looking at pictures of your dog and remembering the happy times, then the hallucinations will stop.

Sorry, that is probably not much help.

Adramelek

Setian
Premium Member
I haven't had a pet of my own for about 3 or 4 years now. I have no idea what happened to my last pet, a cat named Sammie, one day he was gone and I've never seen him since. Previous to him, I had two very special animal companions a Shih Tzu named Molly and an albino Pit Bull named Sarge. Molly died of cancer and Sarge simply died of old age. I remember them both laying underneath my piano for hours as I practiced tirelessly during those years when I studied piano technique and music theory. Molly died in 1998 and Sarge died in I think 2005. Its strange though, over the past two 1/2 years, on frequent occasions, during my sleep I think Molly and Sarge visit me in a spirit form. Sometimes in my sleep I feel something hoping onto my bed snuggling next to me, then another larger or smaller thing hoping onto my bed just like they both used to do at night as they would both sleep with me. I can feel the soft, silky hair of Molly and the short, briskly hair of Sarge. I can feel them snuggling against me, and I pet them and talk to them because it seems and feels so real. Perhaps it's all in my head, an illusion of mind, or perhaps the spirits of my two favorite animal companions are haunting me, visiting me from time to time. I like that. :D

Last edited:

Kapalika

Premium Member
I don't understand what atheistic mysticism means. I assume it means that you play psychological games with yourself to reach interesting psychological states? If you hear your dog bark in the same way that you hear other things, then that would be a hallucination. Hallucinations are common when grieving for loved ones. Probably if you spend some time looking at pictures of your dog and remembering the happy times, then the hallucinations will stop.

Sorry, that is probably not much help.

It's much more than psychological games (although the exploration of the mind has it's own innate reward, it isn't the primary focus). Also, the intention wasn't to make it stop, but to start it in a controlled fashion. Also now that I've slept on it, I think my reaction shows I'm more over the loss than not, seeing as I couldn't fathom even going to the grave site just a few months ago without crying like a little girl. For the most part the shock for me was being grossed out about the ordeal and the taboo. Who an animal is is no longer there when they die.

I haven't had a pet of my own for about 3 or 4 years now. I have no idea what happened to my last pet, a cat named Sammie, one day he was gone and I've never seen him since. Previous to him, I had two very special animal companions a Shih Tzu named Molly and an albino Pit Bull named Sarge. Molly died of cancer and Sarge simply died of old age. I remember them both laying underneath my piano for hours as I practiced tirelessly during those years when I studied piano technique and music theory. Molly died in 1998 and Sarge died in I think 2005. Its strange though, over the past two 1/2 years, on frequent occasions, during my sleep I think Molly and Sarge visit me in a spirit form. Sometimes in my sleep I feel something hoping onto my bed snuggling next to me, then another larger or smaller thing hoping onto my bed just like they both used to do at night as they would both sleep with me. I can feel the soft, silky fur of Molly and the short, briskly fur of Sarge. I can feel them snuggling against me, and I pet them and talk to them because it seems and feels so real. Perhaps it's all in my head, an illusion of mind, or perhaps the spirits of my two favorite animal companions are haunting me, visiting me from time to time. I like that. :D

Well at least you didn't have to do what I did to feel that :) Before yesterday I would sometimes see him out of the corner of my eye or near me, but I always felt as if it was a quick thing for a few minutes before he had to go. I have a sense of permanence now about him when I focus on about him magically.