• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Nature of Elohim

garrydons

Shalom! May I know what is the stand of Messianic Judaism with regards to nature of Elohim? Is it really Triunity? One God in Three (3) manifestations? And the Three are distinct? is this the common view or belief of Messianic judaism? Thank you.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Shalom! May I know what is the stand of Messianic Judaism with regards to nature of Elohim? Is it really Triunity? One God in Three (3) manifestations? And the Three are distinct? is this the common view or belief of Messianic judaism? Thank you.

Well, there really isn't 'one' Messianic Judaism. I suppose that the Hebrew Christians, from Christian backgrounds which seek to re-connect with the faith's Jewish roots... would say yes.

Ebionites and other MJ from Jewish backgrounds would say... absolutely not.

Messiah does not need to be divine. We Ebionies do not believe in either Incarnationist or Adoptionist Trinitarian theology. But that's just one stand of many.

garrydons

Shalom Zardoz. May I know what is your understanding on the meaning of Isaiah 53rd chapter. Who was being referred to here. Toda raba

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member

Shermana

Heretic

Most organzations and members that call themselves "Messianic Jews" are in fact Trinitarians I am not, and personally detest the doctrine (as well as its ugly stepsister, Modalism). So yes, it is the "common belief", but that doesn't make it right by any means. If anything it is one of the telling proofs that the mainstream "Messianic Judaism" movement is in fact just a ******* child of the Evangelicals as Zardoz has pointed out before.

The original "Messianic Jews", the Nazarenes and Ebionites, I believe would have outcasted anyone preaching such a doctrine. It does not appear until the late 2nd century to begin with. Even the early gentile "church fathers" like Justin Martyr and Origen clearly held that Jesus was "a god" (note: The word "god" is vastly misunderstood, as well as its use in the Anarthrous form as it is mistranslated in most Trinitarian translations of the Gospels) and not the same being as the Father in a "different manifestation". If anything, the Trinity is basically the same thing as Modalism, and most Trinitarians are actually Modalist without realizing and use Modalistic explanations for their own convoluted doctrine.

How can there be "3 manifestations" (or "persons") in "One G-d", that would still be 3 equal gods, no matter how much wordplay the Trinitarians try to pull.

Last edited: