• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Natural Pantheism

lilithu

The Devil's Advocate
I suspect that the reason it's hard for pantheists to explain what they believe is that pantheism is more of an attitude than a belief system.
An attitude of reverence for the universe.

I don't think it's that hard. If "God" is our highest values, then "pantheism" places its highest value in the natural universe.

Prometheus

Semper Perconctor
Everything is beyond that.

This doesn't make any sense to me in the context of what I meant. I think you just enjoy being contradictory.

"A religious quality" doesn't necessarily imply worship.

What else could you mean by it then? Having positive feelings of any kind is to be human, not religious. If the universe, in all its beauty, is inspiring, that should be all you need to say of it. To claim it is a religious experience of any kind is to say that either you worship the universe or you believe something supernatural about it.

If you want to label positive human emotions as religious experiences then you are stretching the word. There is nothing at all religious about admiration, respect, humility, gratitude, wonder and etc. I feel these things when I think of the universe as well but using the word "religious" is only going to confuse people. The words "God" and "religion" have been slaughtered enough.