• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

National Healthcare or Private?

Tomorrows_Child

I'm curious, what are you're experiences of the two types and which do you prefer? In terms of Brits, what do you think of the current Tory government and it's treatment of not only the NHS but also employees within that system, mainly the junior doctors and the nurses.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I'm curious, what are you're experiences of the two types and which do you prefer? In terms of Brits, what do you think of the current Tory government and it's treatment of not only the NHS but also employees within that system, mainly the junior doctors and the nurses.

Say you have private healthcare.

You get hit by a car.

It'll be an NHS ambulance that arrives, NHS paramedics who stabilise you, NHS nurses and doctors at the NHS A&E who treat your immediate wounds, set broken bones, apply casts, etc.

Then, when you're in no danger, then you're transferred to a private 'hospital'.

Altfish

Veteran Member
The NHS has its problems and I'm sure it could be improved but it has always looked after me and my family and I wouldn't be without it.

Tomorrows_Child

Say you have private healthcare.

You get hit by a car.

It'll be an NHS ambulance that arrives, NHS paramedics who stabilise you, NHS nurses and doctors at the NHS A&E who treat your immediate wounds, set broken bones, apply casts, etc.

Then, when you're in no danger, then you're transferred to a private 'hospital'.

I don't think you quite understand my question. I am speaking in regards to a private healthcare system without any social care system involved.

If you're in Britain, then imagine a world where the Tories finally get their way and the NHS is abolished or the NHS in name only.

Mycroft

Ministry of Serendipity
I don't think you quite understand my question. I am speaking in regards to a private healthcare system without any social care system involved.

No such thing. Social healthcare is always the frontline service. There are no 'private' paramedics or 'private emergency rooms'.

GoodbyeDave

Too many people seem to confuse national health insurance with a health service run as a nationalised industry. Britain has both, France has the former, Germany has neither. Yet who would say that health care is worse in France and Germany than in Britain? Only some-one who hasn't studied the statistics.

Normally, I'd go to a private hospital, but I have been in the A&E department of the local NHS once - not a pleasant experience. Unfortunately the only private equivalent is office-hours only, but I've got the phone number of a private ambulance just in case.